Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

100,000 Posts, will we do it

We're closing in on 100,000 posts. Will we make it by the end of the year? It will be close, I don't know if we'll quite make it or not but it'll be interesting to see.

Stardate:213912.6

And here is another.

If we are really close by say the 30th of December then I say we start a thread were people just post multiple posts about nothing so we can make it ;)

And here is another.

If we are really close by say the 30th of December then I say we start a thread were people just post multiple posts about nothing so we can make it ;)

That would end up giving us an inacurate number and I am sure that VBG does not want to resort to post padding to make the number.

And here is another.

That would end up giving us an inacurate number and I am sure that VBG does not want to resort to post padding to make the number.

Yeah I would rather see substanitive posts, but I know with all the posts we currently have there are many things to discuss that could push us over the top.

Then there's always the word games and things like that in the Games section.

I think we could make it. If we don't make it , it will be because of people like me that go on and on and on and on in a single post, instead or writing shorter more succinct posts!

I think we could make it. If we don't make it , it will be because of people like me that go on and on and on and on in a single post, instead or writing shorter more succinct posts!

But the longer posts give more information and add more to the topic than the shorter ones.

i think we want to attain 100,000 posts by posting valid information, lets not let it go to our heads. We can do this if we pretend that the milestone is not coming up, that way we will reach it without raising a pinkie

We're closing in on 100,000 posts. Will we make it by the end of the year? It will be close, I don't know if we'll quite make it or not but it'll be interesting to see.

this reminds me of a song i hear every week:

"Faith of the Heart"

;)

this reminds me of a song i hear every week:

"Faith of the Heart"

;)

:clap::clap:

now lets be picky, as VBG did:

As for the song in and of itself, I think the song fits the series very well. The lyrics fit the circumstances.

It's Been a Long Road Getting from There to Here.

VBG started the site in February 2003, its now December.

It's Been A Long Time, but my time is finally near When I will see my dream come alive at last, I will touch the sky.

Us trekkies have been looking for a way out of the STARTREK.com forums, now thanks to the mods, we can do that!

And They're not gonna hold me down no more, no they're not going to change my mind. Cause I've Got Faith of the Heart, I'm going where my heart will take me. I've Got Faith to believe I can do anything. I've got strength of the Soul and no one's gonna bend or break me. I can reach any star. I've Got Faith, I've got Faith, Faith Of The Heart.

STARTREK.com's members arent going to slap us down no more, no their not gonna influence our minds, cause i've got faith, faith that STF will listen to what i have to say, and then gently wheen me off the idea.

CAUSE I'VE GOT FAITH, FAITH OF THE HEART.

that way we will reach it without raising a pinkie

I type with one hand, and my pinky is always raised when I type. Will that be a problem? ;)

It shouldn't be any trouble reaching that goal, especially if everyone starts a "Personal Log", and posts in it daily (like I used to!) I'll definitely do that again, and hopefully I'll actually have something to say. :clap:

I type with one hand, and my pinky is always raised when I type. Will that be a problem? ;)

It shouldn't be any trouble reaching that goal, especially if everyone starts a "Personal Log", and posts in it daily (like I used to!) I'll definitely do that again, and hopefully I'll actually have something to say. :clap:

:clap: thats ok ....... hmm, ill go back to my personal log now!

Stardate:213912.9

Well according to my calculations we have to make 305.3125 posts per day to make it.

Stardate:213912.9

Well according to my calculations we have to make 305.3125 posts per day to make it.

Well, we already have 261 today, well make the 262 LOL

I type with one hand, and my pinky is always raised when I type. Will that be a problem? :o

It shouldn't be any trouble reaching that goal, especially if everyone starts a "Personal Log", and posts in it daily (like I used to!) I'll definitely do that again, and hopefully I'll actually have something to say. :)

I'm still not clear what the personal logs are for. I do not have one. Nor have I gone to any threads in that section. Aren't they private?

private is such a relative term in this day and age of the internet - however, you only post what you want the "STF community" to know about "your personal day"...

As some of you know, VBG and I have a bet going whether or not I will reach the "500" mark. Because I am determined not to let him win again, I usually refrain from posting. However, because I would like to see the StarTrekFans.net community reach it's goal of 100,000 posts by the end of 2003, I will make an effort to post more often. VBG...don't let this go to your head, you're still not going to win! :o

As some of you know, VBG and I have a bet going whether or not I will reach the "500" mark. Because I am determined not to let him win again, I usually refrain from posting. However, because I would like to see the StarTrekFans.net community reach it's goal of 100,000 posts by the end of 2003, I will make an effort to post more often. VBG...don't let this go to your head, you're still not going to win! :rolleyes:

You are almost halfway there, so it might be time to consider that you may not win this one. Probably should have put a time frame on this bet instead of leaving it open ended.

LOL

So, let's just say that the 100,000th post is authored by...oh, I don't know...maybe an unemployed Polish girl from Milwaukee...do I win a prize or what?

Easy as cake! Piece of pie!  :bow: (Who here knows where that correctly quoted mis-quote comes from?)

oh come now you've got me i know it but i cant think of it. so give it up whats it from? i also have faith that we'll make the hundred grand mark, it will most assuredly be before the one year anniversery. i cant beleive that ive only been coming here since march, it seems like forever this place is great. THANKS VBG FOR GIVING US AN INTERNET HOME AWAY FROM HOME. :biggrin:

Easy as cake! Piece of pie!  :biggrin: (Who here knows where that correctly quoted mis-quote comes from?)

oh come now you've got me i know it but i cant think of it. so give it up whats it from?

Well I don't want to JUST give it away, how a bout a hint? The person who said it Russian. (No, not Checkov)

Well I don't want to JUST give it away, how a bout a hint? The person who said it Russian. (No, not Checkov)

Click for Spoiler:

I can't come up with the character's name, but I think it was in 2010: Odyssey Two.

Click for Spoiler:

I can't come up with the character's name, but I think it was in 2010: Odyssey Two.

CORRECT-O-MUNDO INDY!