Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Spoilers

In the past we've been using to point out spoilers. Now use the Spoiler button to indicate a spoiler like below (There's no spoiler there so everyone can click it):

Click for Spoiler:

This is where a spoiler would go. Be sure not to resize the spoiler tag though because it won't work right if you do, to resize a spoiler PM me first and I'll tell you how.

Guest Ktrek

Wow! You're really getting fancy with this stuff. I'm not sure if I can figure out how to hide the spoiler! I tried but messed up. I guess I'll play with it more later.

Ktrek

Wow! You're really getting fancy with this stuff. I'm not sure if I can figure out how to hide the spoiler! I tried but messed up. I guess I'll play with it more later.

Ktrek

To hide the spoiler just type out what you want like bleow:

This is the text to be hidden

Then after the spoiler text is typed, highlight it and click the Spoiler button at the top and the result is below.

Click for Spoiler:

This is the text to be hidden

Guest Ktrek

Well I have tried several times but when I highlight and click I see the html tags in place but the text shows up and the hyerlink doesn't exist. There must be a step I'm missing.

Ktrek

Another way would be to click spoiler then type and click spoiler again. Then it will hid what you typed.

Click for Spoiler:

this is such a cool feature.

Guest Ktrek

I'll try one more time!

Click for Spoiler:

I want to hide this text.

Now did it work?

Ktrek

I think putting the font tags in first was messing me up! :wow:

<font  style='width=80%; filter:shadow(color=red)'>Data is alive and well</font>

Click for Spoiler:

How did he survive?

Click for Spoiler:

Very funny, Data!

So, is the dead? Its only use is for the subject line, and the first line in the post, so i'm, taking it that this is for if you want to spoil somthing half way through a post, like this:

Click for Spoiler:

You have been spoiled

You can still use the in the subject line but I think hiding the actual spolier will work out great. That way the rest of the posting can be read and there's no chance for accidental spoliage.

jdigs,

all you gotta do is the same using anything like quote, img, just type your spoiler and high light it and click the spoiler tab. :blink:

Too bad I didn't see this before my last post ...

UH In case you did not know, you have the ability to edit your posts after you post them. Look in the upper right hand corner of every post you ever made and you will see a button: EDIT Click it and you will be taken back to a post board just like the one you originally posted, make edits on it then resubmit it. :blink: