Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Klingon/Trill Children

I've been wondering something since watching Jadzia die in the last episode of season 6. Have Klingons and Trills ever had children together? I know that Bashir had warned them against that. Perhaps they would have had the very first Klingon/Trill children. What do you think they would look like? Would they have head ridges or spots? Or perhaps both?!

That is a pretty good question, and here is another on. If there were any Klingon/Trill children would they be able to be joined with a symbiant?

I wonder why Julian was against the notion?

Maybe there are health issues concerned with trill/klingon hybrides?You know,I would think a majority of halfbreed children(not human children with parents of different ethnicities,but children with parents of different races) like that would be subject to health problems and sterility?But maybe 24th century medecine has taken care of that?

But then again,maybe there are benefits?My sister is married to an african-american,and my little niece was once ill with some virus (she got over it and has been in great health since),but I remember at the time my sister was terrified that it could be sickle cell anemia,as that runs in her husband's family....but the doctors said that mulatto children have a much lower probability of sickle cell anemia than african-american children.So,in that case,the caucasian traits helped.I'm sure the african-american traits have helped guard against diseases that are more common amongst caucasians,too.

Hmm...I'd love to talk to the EMH or Julian about this. :lol:

I doubt that a Klingon/Trill halfbreed would be able to host a symbiant. It was my impression that only the Trill species is capable of that. Wasn't there a TNG show in which Riker had to host a symbiant? It almost killed him.

I think Bashir was secretly still holding a torch for Jadzia. That is perhaps why he was against Worf and Jadzia having children. Not that he could have stopped them. Only Dukat could stop them..It would have been awesome to see what Klingon/Trill children would be like.

A shame.

I had wondered the same thing when I first saw DS9. I wondered if they were going to introduce a child and try to make it look half Klingon/half Trill. At that point in the series the only children, Jake and Nog and occasionally Molly, were growing up and not really children anymore. And then I wondered if they would really subject a child actor to all that time in the make-up chair. I know it takes hours to apply Klingon make-up and Trill make-up separately, together could be an even more daunting task. With all that being said, I was intrigued by the idea and, in a way, wanted to see it happen. It would have added another interesting layer to DS9.

As for Julian being against the idea, I really believe the major reason was medical. I believe he said something about the difficulties of inter-species reproduction and how different Klingon and Trill DNA was. Didn't Jadzia have to undergo some medical procedure to even make it possible to conceive? I think by that time Julian had accepted Jadzia and Worf's marriage, or at least wanted it to appear that he had, and had decided to move on.

perhaps its more like the case with a half donkey half horse mix... while the resulting hybrid mule has the better qualities of the two, due to its unstable genetic combination, it is sterile....as is the case with a Liger, half tiger, half lion hybrid..