Doctor Katherine Pulaski

Did you like Doctor Pulaski?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like Doctor Pulaski?

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't care

Doctor Katherine Pulaski

The Enterprise-D chief medical officer durring Season 2, a series regular creddited as a gues star. Did anyone like her? I've seen about half of season 2, based on what I saw, I enjoyed her very much, but she was no Beverly Crusher! :eek: I look forward to my Season 2 Set, so I can see all of her episodes. :lol:

I think it was because I didn't like the actress in that particular role. Diana Muldaur had portrayed Dr. Ann Mulhall and Dr. Miranda Jones in two separate TOS episodes. I preferred her in those roles.

I agree with you CJLP, she was 'alright' but nowhere as good as Bev. I didn't like her character as much but then I guess she was only there for one season, who knows how her character would have changed had she stayed on?

Welp, that works. Never saw her in either role on TOS. How were the two characters?

They were both excellent characters.

Click for Spoiler:

I especially enjoyed "Is There In Truth No Beauty" in which she portrayed a telepath who had spent time on Vulcan. She was also blind, and wore a dress which acted as a sensor so no one would be aware of her disability.

Really good episode.

She was ok. I thought she was very irritating at the start of the season, the way she treated Data annoyed me, but she grew on me so by the end i thought she was alright. I was glad to have Beverly back though :eek:

I liked Kate Pulaski. I think they were trying to create a Bones/Spock type relationship between her and Data which the fans took more as hostility towards Data in the beginning.

I'm in the minority though, I liked her better than Bev. BevfanK, forgive me, but Bev has always been my second least favourite character (Tasha's my least favourite). I hope you'll notice I said least favourite and not dislike - there is a difference.

I like her better than Bev, too (and Bev is my least fave char of TNG, I must admit that *hides* - no offense meant to any Bev fans). I think Pulaski was a good character. I've never liked Dr. Crusher that much (I don't hate her, but I don't like her for some reasons :laugh::laugh: ) and I enjoyed the 2nd season a lot when Dr. Pulaski was aboard. She reminds me of Bones - and I liked Bones B)

BTW, I liked her appearances in TOS as well B)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I really liked Dr. Pulaski. Dr. Crusher has always bugged me, must run in the family because I can't stand Wesley either. She is just not believable as a doctor for some reason. Kate Pulaski just seemed a stronger presence than Beverly, and I liked the little bit of friction between her and Picard, and wanted to see her develope a relationship with Data.

I added a poll to this topic.

I voted No. I saw her as hostile to Data and I thought she came off as thinking she was "better" then other members of the crew (the character not the actress). I was glad she was gone in season 3.

For me it is a most definite NO!!!

I did not like her

The main reason is because I have been in love with Gates since Encounter and so when season two came along I was crushed. (Pun intended)

she was supposed to counter balance Picard but instead she unbalanced the the whole crew there was not a single character she complemented

For me it is a most definite NO!!!

I did not like her

The main reason is because I have been in love with Gates since Encounter and so when season two came along I was crushed. (Pun intended)

she was supposed to counter balance Picard but instead she unbalanced the the whole crew there was not a single character she complemented

I agree almost 100%, she did have some good interaction with Worf in at leat a couple of episodes. Other then that they could have just as easily done season 2 without a doctor I thought.

I do have to point out that one of my favorite episodes was a season 2 episode that featured her. "Elementary Dear Data" (I may have pointed that out before, I forget lol)

I voted 'No' but really I didn't think she was all that bad. She had a few good moments but over all she was no Dr. Crusher. They tried to make her too much like Bones and where as that worked on TOS, I just don't think that kind of character worked on TNG.

She was cool, and besides if they had Bev stay in how would they explain her getting bigger??? I don't think they would say Picard did it, but makes you think.

Edited by Capt_Picard

Pulaski was cool. I didn't like the way she treated Data, but it got much better as the season went on. I loved her first scene with Picard in Ten Forward. She just cut him right off in the middle of him trying to give her a dressing down and it was very good to see.

I love Picard, but it was funny to see her take him down a peg or two.