Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Doctor Katherine Pulaski

Did you like Doctor Pulaski?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like Doctor Pulaski?

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't care

Some one on the StarTrek.com Message broad put is so well i will quote them here to reasons why i don't like her. The reason i dont' like her is the way she treats data.B)

"I'm the crotchety old doctor!!!"

"I hates Data!!!"

"I (I'm trying to use a bad word but can't) Riker's dad!!"

Yay 5 posts I am finally a Enign YAY!!!

*Dances around in a weird white persons dance*

Yes people I am white

Never liked here, especially her treatment of Data.

I liked Doctor Crusher so much more.

293261[/snapback]

That is one of the main reasons people dont' like her cause she treated data bad.

Edited by Alterego

I didn't like her at all. She was annoying, abrasive, prejudiced against Data, and, IMO, she looked kinda funny. The only time I like seeing her was in that episode where Data and Geordi are playing out a Sherlock Holmes mystery on the holodeck (was it Elementary, My Dear Data?). Pulaski seemed to fit in perfectly with the old English setting.

I like Pulaski a lot. In fact, I liked her much better than Crusher, who I often found to be a bit smug, just like McFadden is in real life. Even at her age, Pulaski still seemed adventurous and eager to try new things. She was a lot like McCoy, who was often gruff on the outside but had a heart of gold. As for her attitude towards Data, she seemed to warm up to him by the season's end. She did seem facinated by Data whenever he did something she didn't expect. As for her looking funny? She WAS fairly old at the time. Check out her 2 TOS appearances and you will see what a beauty she was when she was younger.

I agree, one of the main reasons I didn't like her was because of her treatment of Data.

She was bosy, annoying and had a soo annoying voice... i was like "what the hell are you doing on here?! god... shut her up!" She treated everyone like she was the captain

When I first started watching TNG, I really liked Dr. Crusher and she became one of my favorite Trek characters. Then season 2 came along with Dr. Pulaski. I liked her but I preferred Dr. Crusher. I was very relieved that she came back in season 3. If I had to choose between Beverly Crusher, Julian Bashir or the EMH, I would definitely choose Dr. Crusher.

Madam Captain out!!

Hello again. This has nothing to do with the topic but I just realised my avatar states that I'm a ships crew chat mod. This is not true. I was chosen to be a chat mod but it never eventuated into anything, other than my avatar saying that I am a chat mod.

Madam Captain out!!

Hello again. This has nothing to do with the topic but I just realised my avatar states that I'm a ships crew chat mod. This is not true. I was chosen to be a chat mod but it never eventuated into anything, other than my avatar saying that I am a chat mod.

Madam Captain out!!

312578[/snapback]

Ooops! Not sure how that happened but you're all set into the correct user group now. :P

I honestly can't put my finger on the exact reason I dislike Pulaski.I just do,and the dislike was immediate.Maybe because I liked Crusher so much,I don't know.

What cinched my loathing of Pulaski was the way she treated Data,early on in Season Two.

Stupid question why was she brought in, for both story line purpose and casting purpose, It seems I can't Remember

Stupid question why was she brought in, for both story line purpose and casting purpose, It seems I can't Remember

339316[/snapback]

There is apparently conflicting information on this. Here are three versions I've heard:

1. She and producer Robert Justman didn't get along and he had her fired; or

2. TPTB decided they wanted to go a different direction with the doctor in order to introduce a McCoy/Spock type of relationship to the series; or

3. A combination of both.

Generally, I didn't like either of the CMO's on TNG.

Pulaski was dull and boring and they did nothing with the Beverley Crusher character.

They could have introduced a running storyline between her and Picard but it just never happened aside from a few references here and there and one episode.

Gates McFaden took a year off to shoot a movie. I think it was known she would return to Trek so all they needed was a fill-in. The only other way was to have a season with no plots involving a CMO and that wasn't workable. The producers had no choise but to bring in a temp. The standards didn't need to be high since she was only there temporally and I don't think there were any pivotal episodes that season.

In fact she was probably chosen *because* she wouldn't endear herself to the audience. It would have been very difficult to get rid of her if she had and they couldn't very well have 2 CMOs on the ship.

In fact I think she was chosen

I liked Pulaski much better than Crusher

We need to get married - NOW. :rofl:

Seriously, though - it's rare to hear (or rather read) someone saying this. I agree wholeheartedly, of course. I can't stand Crusher. ;)

I liked Pulaski much better than Crusher

We need to get married - NOW. :rofl:

Seriously, though - it's rare to hear (or rather read) someone saying this. I agree wholeheartedly, of course. I can't stand Crusher. :rofl:

I am very flattered, if it was not for two things ( way to old for you and already married) I might have taken you seriously. ;)

^

Haha, actually men aren't too old for me, they're often not old ENOUGH. ;) (I have a thing for much older men only.) But, the "already married" issue IS a problem, yeah. I can see that. :rofl:

^

Haha, actually men aren't too old for me, they're often not old ENOUGH. ;) (I have a thing for much older men only.) But, the "already married" issue IS a problem, yeah. I can see that. :rofl:

Wives have no sense of humor when they find out you are flirting with young hot German girls.

^

Wives have no sense of humor when they find out you are flirting with young hot German girls.

Trust me, I wouldn't have any sense of humor either if Jean-Luc started flirting around, so, I understand. :rofl:

I didn't like her, mostly because I liked Crusher and was a bit annoyed that she had left. At that point, I didn't have any Internet so I didn't know the reasons why Crusher was gone, in that case I would have been more annoyed.

I thought Pulaski was a bit annoying and was very happy to see Crusher back in season 3.

In recent years, I've begun to appreciate Pulaski a little more, even if I still prefer Crusher. It would have been nice to see Pulaski show up in some later episode.

By the way, are there any book where Pulaski shows up after have left the Enterprise and any story about what she did later on in life?