Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Doctor Katherine Pulaski

Did you like Doctor Pulaski?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like Doctor Pulaski?

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't care

I was indifferent, she was never as engaging as Crusher, and she seemed to have a chip on her shoulder about something.

It was like having another Leonard McCoy in sickbay. And no one does McCoy like the late DeForrest Kelly.

So I found her to be place filler. She may have been beter if she had lasted longer, she had little depth or developement.

I liked Doctor Katherine Pulaski alittle("was sort of like a Female Mc Coy version for TNG ")with the scared of the transporter bit was very glad when DR Crusher returned though.

:wow::assimilated: :huh: :)

What episode was this?

293258[/snapback]

The first episode of season 2 - The Child. Picard was looking for Pulaski and was told by Sickbay she was in Ten Forward. Considering she hadn't reported in yet, he was "annoyed" that she was there. Turns out though, she was talking to Deanna about Troi's impregnation by the alien lifeform.

Even though she started off on the wrong side of this Data fan, she grew on me. I like her better than Bev. Bev can be too preachy at times for me and Kate Pulaski pushed Data more in his quest to be more human than Bev did.

Doctor Pulaski was starting to become an interesting character at the end of second season. She would have been better the next season if they have kept her instead of bring back Dr. Crusher. She pushed the whole crew and the end she had lot of respected for Data.

Nope i couldnt stand her,she was to stuck up for me and her attitude towards Data was not what i would call friendly :assimilated:

Even though she started off on the wrong side of this Data fan, she grew on me.

She grew on me too. Other things that grow on me are pimples, warts, foot fungus, nose and ear hair, cancer, etc.

It looked to me like the producers were trying to replicate the Spock-Bones synergy, but what made that relationship work was it was FUNNY! They both had senses of humor - even the logical Spock would give a raised eyebrow now and then - but Pulaski was way too serious and Data didn't even understand the concept.

Pulaski did correctly point out to the audience that whatever else he may have been Data was ultimately a machine, a tool, a piece of technology to be used. (Interesting that Riker didn't call Pulaski as an expert witness in "The Measure of a Man".)

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

(Interesting that Riker didn't call Pulaski as an expert witness in "The Measure of a Man".)

293369[/snapback]

If she had been called to testify I think you would have been surprised by what she would have said. By The Measure of a Man she was already seeing Data as more than a machine. Data obviously thought highly of her - she was at the very first poker game he held and was at the "going away" party they had for him in that episode.

Yes, kind of, she was okay. But I have to admit I liked her in that Law program especially when they gave her the shaft.

Click For Spoiler
For those that don't know her character was killed in the Law show when she fell down an elevator shaft.

Click For Spoiler
For those that don't know her character was killed in the Law show when she fell down an elevator shaft.

COOL!!!!

They should have used that in TNG too!!!!! :assimilated:

she was at the very first poker game he held

Well heck, that doesn't say much. I mean even Wesley was at those poker games.

293415[/snapback]

And no matter what any of us think of Wesley, the crew considered him to be a friend. You don't invite your enemies to play in a friendly game of poker.

I didn't like her at the beginning of 2nd season. She was to brash for me. I didn't like how she treated Data at the beginning. Throughout the series she had improved. I started to respect her when she volunteer to prove child from science colony wasn't cause sickness. At the end she respected Data, and Data didn't hod her ill treatment against her. I believe her character would have improved in the 3rd season.

I didn't like her at the beginning of 2nd season.  She was to brash for me.  I didn't like how she treated Data at the beginning.  Throughout the series she had improved.  I started to respect her when she volunteer to prove child from science colony wasn't cause sickness.  At the end she respected Data, and Data didn't hod her ill treatment against her.  I believe her character would have improved in the 3rd season.

293527[/snapback]

I think you're right on target re: her treatment of Data. Also, I agree re: "her character would have improved in the 3rd season."

However, I liked her pretty much from the beginning. She added a tartness to the crew that was missing.

What episode was this?

293258[/snapback]

"The Child", first episode of Season 2 (Pulaski's first episode).

Dr. Pulaski is with Deanna in Ten Forward and Picard is peed off because Pulaski didn't report to him when she came aboard the Enterprise. Deanna has been impregnated by an alien and is discussing it with Pulaski when Picard shows up and gets ready to give Pulaski a "dressing down" and Pulaski just cuts him off in the middle of it and forcefully says something like, "Sit down, Captain. I think you'd better hear this."

I thought it was great. So much better than Bev's (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)footing around.

I really hated how Pulaski treated Data at first, though. It was getting better toward the end of the season. Personally, I wish she'd stayed ... I liked the character and I think she had some potential.

Come on, you have to admit the affair Pulaski had with Riker's dad was worth keeping her around just for Will's discomfort!

I voted that I did not care. On the grounds that I liked her and I did not like her. My biggest gripe was her attitude with Data, but other than that... I did like her more than Beverly.

I voted that I liked her. But man did it take me a long time to come to that conclusion. I originally couldn't stand her, don't really know the reasons why but over time and the more I watched season two, she grew on me. I like her, but not as much as Dr. Crusher.

I enjoyed Dr. Pulaski. She seemed to be a Bones-type (McCoy) medical officer and I liked that she was a different person with her own characteristics. I enyed the characters played by this acteress in TOS. IDIC!

Dr. Pulaski was ten times better than Dr Crusher as her personality was much more dominant. She also added to the characterisation of Data from the banter and eventual friendship that was the focus of some great episodes.

i really liked Dr. P., and although i'll always have a soft spot for Bev, thought P. could'a worked her way outta her own warp-bubble WAY fastah!!! :yahoo: - i was (please don't huwt me) sorry to see Bev return...guess the movie gig (hunt for red october...) dinna work out...

Edited by joeybear

I like the interaction between her and Data more than that between Crusher and Picard. It seemed to offer a depth that the show started to get to, but never quite reached, which I find as sad :P