Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Kes vs Harry Kim

Harry Kim should stay and they develope his character a little more. Kes should have been a re-occurring character. They (Producers & Writers) could have made each character more interesting. Harry Kim was full of potential. You could not destroy his character because he was Tom Paris's best friend and Tom's voice of reason. Harry was there to make sure that Tom didn't do or say the wrong things. :dude:

I didn't care much for kes... she seemed too passive.. and that whole relatioinship with Nelix was a bit creepy. but I think there was that episode of her revenge or something.. that freaked me out... i could be remembering the episodes wrong though.

I think Kes and Kim helped Voyager stay fresh. But I am glad that Kes left because she was getting a bit monotonous, the whole swee'-pea thing. Kim was nice in the sense that he kind of grew into his character. He did seem a bit out of place in the pilot episode. But at least he got better with time. Kes was nice, I can give her that. Fury was one of her best, albeit outof character.

Kes was a whole lot more interesting. I was watching all of Season 1 a few weeks back and I couldn't believe how much Kes had an impact to the series (and to the Doctor) than what I originally thought. She was so calm, innocent, and was the only one to treat the doctor with respect. I really liked her in Before and After (When she got the new look) but she was also really good in the first season. That was an insult what they did to Kes and her fans in "Fury." :laugh:

I always prefered Harry to Kes, I thought he was much more interesting than Kes. To be honest I didn't dislike the Kes character but I never really took to her.

The most ideal were to have both Harry and Kes right up to the last episode. Change Kes' lifespan if its to be done but do it. Kes is very cute. She's got that innocent look, Very sweet. Harry, well... he's good too. I'd like to see him as Captain in some other ST movie or series. Mebbe an Admiral. I never really bothered about pairings but it would be nice to pair him with someone.... how about Kes?