Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Kes vs Harry Kim

Would you have rather Harry Kim left Voyager and Kes had've stayed.? He was more boring than her I thought. There was so much to do with her. He should have been more interesting...

Hi there :eek:

I liked both Kes and Harry and it would have been good to keep Kes on board. Or at least have her return for several episodes over the seven seasons. I know Ocampans are only meant to live for nine years but then again, Kes did meet another Ocampan that was twenty years old (I can't remember the name of the episode).

I didn't like Fury too much because Kes came back angry. It wasn't like her to be hostile towards the crew, she was happy on Voyager and she made lots of friends. Its sad to think that Kes would probably be dead by now. She touched the lives of so many on Voyager and I'm sure the crew would regret not being able to see her at reunions.

Harry was a great character. He was young and naive at the beginning but he matured as the years went by. I think each Star Trek series has had some young, overenthusiastic Star Fleet graduate at one time or another. There was Wesley on TNG and Julain on DS9. The Doctor was also another character that grew over the years. Kes taught him a great deal about compassion and dealing with people in general. This in turn, led the Doctor to teach Seven many things about humanity and ultimately to 'become more human'.

Linda

I agree that Harry could be MUCH more interesting. But The story wouldn't be complete without him. I would most definately rather have kes stay and Sevenleave. :eek:

I enjoyed both Kes and Seven. VOY had very few recurring characters, so while I loved the addition of Seven (for her character, not looks), I would have preferred Kes to be a recurring character.

I liked both Harry and Kes. I would liked to have seen both characters developed more. But if I had to choose which would leave. It still would have been Kes. I too whish she could have returned to the series more than that one episode of "Fury." ( which we all know that I did not like).......Also, I too enjoyed the character added to the series, known as Seven of Nine.

I didn't like Kes at all thought she was boreing,I do agree that Harry's character needs spiceing up a bit,he was starting to go down the same route as Kes (Crap)

Harry was way more interesting, he was Tom's buddy.

Kes had a too high GI ( Glucose Intake ), was way too sugar coated.

BTW

:laugh: Isn't it fun reviving dead posts! :naughty:

Harry Kim was more boring than Kes I thought.  He should have been more interesting...

I AM GONNA SUE YOU!!! HARRY KIM IS SO MUCH COOLER THAN KES!!!

Click for Spoiler:

If any ever says Harry Kim is boring, I will hunt that person down!!!

Edited by harrykim

Click for Spoiler:

Harry Kim shall rule them all!!!

Click for Spoiler:

Harry%20Kim%20season%207.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

54631_1.jpgor...

Click for Spoiler:

voychaoticapariskim01.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

Edited by harrykim

Would you have rather Harry Kim left Voyager and Kes had've stayed.? He was more boring than her I thought. There was so much to do with her.

Yes, I would rather have Harry left (sorry Harry fans) than Kes. The idea of Kes being a character with a short life span captured my imagination from day one but the execution of potential stories drawn from that premise fell miserably short. :martok:

It's just that I would rather have Kes die in stead of myself. LOL

And that did happen.. Harry Kim made it thru the entire 7 years of Voyager and Kes didn't. However a lot of people liked Kes better..And they're entitled to their opinion..That's all I'm saying.. :martok:

Kim does so much more than Kes. Seriously. He's actually usefull. He comes up with ideas. He's a senior officer, and he really should be like a lt or something. He's cool. Kes is just there.

Kim does so much more than Kes. Seriously. He's actually usefull. He comes up with ideas. He's a senior officer, and he really should be like a lt or something. He's cool. Kes is just there.

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!

I wasnt really happy with either of the characters but when you really.. really think about it, it just seems like kes is waaaay too fluffy like im happy whoo go me im here and i have a 1 dimensional character... harry was more of a character but if you think about it he was toms friend and that was about it he wasnt the most well written character on voyager

I likes Harry but I reallt didnt care for Kes. I dont know if it was lackluster acting or a boring character concept but I think the show was not effected over all by her departure. I was more sympathetic towards Harry and I wish they would have dome more with his character.

Harry Kim was more boring than Kes I thought.  He should have been more interesting...

I AM GONNA SUE YOU!!! HARRY KIM IS SO MUCH COOLER THAN KES!!!

Click for Spoiler:

If any ever says Harry Kim is boring, I will hunt that person down!!!

Kes is so much more interesting then Kim. (And more buttifull :o ) But Voyager wouln'd be the same without him.

Everyone basically knows my views on this. Both Harry and Kes had their moments. However, Harry seemed to be put in a lot more of the plot, and he actually did some pretty cool things. However, Kes, not being on the senior staff and an even minor charactor than Harry, didn't really do anything. The most I can see her doing was on Time and Time Again. Her visions were really the only things that kept her in the show. Then some have argued that (since I like the doctor so much) I should like Kes just because she kept Janeway from deleting the doctor. If you watch that episode, I really don't think Janeway would have deleted the Doctor anyway. So yeah, Harry is pretty cool, and Kes seems just useless. :eekout: