Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Would You Prefer To Live On Ds9...

I like starships. I liked the Enterprise D. It was bright and comfortable and could go almost anywhere. Exploring new worlds, shore leave, etc. But the drawbacks were potential attacks from enemy ships, power failures causing drifting and a confined space. A space station like DS9 however, offers more room to move: a city in space as it were. There's a sense of stability and you have ships coming and going. But there's the sense of being tied down. And DS9 was a bit dreary. Where would you prefer to live?

Guest Ktrek

Boy! That is a tough one!! Like you said there are pros and cons to both. I guess when I was younger the Starship would appeal to me because of all the adventure although if you were actually on a starship like Enterprise you would probably be like most people and find your job dull, routine and boring. Living on DS9 would give you alot of exposure to many alien cultures without leaving home. Now that I'm middle aged I have become more of a homebody so I guess ultimately this appeals to me. I have also been a spiritual person so the Bajoran faith would also hold an attraction of exploration. If I ever needed a break from the station a short vacation to Bajor or through the wormhole would fulfill that need. So I guess I would take the station at this point of my life.

Ktrek

Ihave to say the enterprise as life is a little more "idyllic" but i'd like to visit DS9 regularly.

I think i would have to go with DS9, i think you have lots of excitement, between being on the frontlines of the war, many NEW aliens coming through the wormhole, and you have the stability of being in the same place where all the excitement comes to you. plus you dont have quark, or odo on a starship. they were great characters.

I would prefer to be on a starship. The thought of exploring the galaxy to meet new species appeals to me more than to wait for them to come to me on a space station. Who would want a holodeck Risa when you can explore the real one. :wow:

The space station was a little too dark and not very "friendly" where as the Enterprise was very bright and cheerful (as I think someone mentioned). And nothing against Bashier, but I'd rather have Dr. Crusher do my physical and exams on me haha. Though I'd rather go to Quark's than Ten Forward for a good boozing

well if it had to be on a starship, it would no doubt have to be on ARCHER'S ENTERPRISE, you dont get anymore explorative, than the first. to go where no man has gone before. :wow::wow:

Enterprise for sure. Y? well..I would just like being able to move around..sitting still just dosen't do it for me..besides..and this won't make any sense..I'd rather not deal with the Cardies all the time when I can face bigger and badder things like the borg or Lwaxana Troi. :blink:

Given the choice, It would have to be DS9. Why go around the universe when the universe can come to you? Of course it takes a starship to get there in the first place so once the journey is complete, you could relax and watch the interaction between the different species and not get too involved.

Enterprise. I want to explore. Besides, DS9 was always kinda dark and gloomy looking. Would it have killed them to turn up the lights?

It would have to depend on what I was doing other than just living. If I was a member of the bridge crew aboard the Enterprise than I would go with the Starship. However if I was a lowly tech doing the busy work around eginerring than I think living on a Starship could get boring. DS9 would offer much more excitment on a day to day basis. Unlike a Starship, DS9 has new people on board everyday. Also the proumanode (sp?) would be fun to hang out on. DS9 is also a lot bigger than a Starship so on a day to day basis there would be more to see. I also have to admit that I kinda like the dark creepiness of DS9.

I think DS9, they have ships there for you to use for exploring but you always have a home base to come back to. You have the wormhole to explore and all the new life forms that comes from there as well.

There's always Quarks to visit, his Holosuits and Bajor is only 3 hours away by runabout.

Also, if you recall the episode that Dr. Bashir's classmate from Starfleet Medical came to the station Dr. Bashir explained how he was 2nd in his class and she was 1st in the class. SHe beat him out on the final exam and with that she got her choice of any posting she wanted. I forget the ship she took but she was on a Starship exploring. Dr. Bashir was a bit jealous of her and her ability to pick her posting. When he has a chance to talk to her he discovers that life on a starship is actually pretty boring. All they do is chart space and fly around. Every once in a while they find some single celled life form and that's when the real excitement starts. Once they chart that life it's back to the dull space life.

She told Dr. Bashir that SHE was envyous of him for being posted to DS9 and if she had the chance to do it again she would have taken DS9 over the starship.

DS9 it is for me....

Good question.

If i were younger...the Enterprise...i really don't care which one.

As an old, wrinkled up and forgettful lady (what was the question again?) I would have to go with DS9.

The people, Quark, The wormhole, Bajor. And a great tailor all right there!

I'd rather not deal with the Cardies all the time when I can face bigger and badder things like the borg or Lwaxana Troi. 

ROFLMAS!

But, remember, Mrs. Troi did come to Ds9!

..I'd rather not deal with the Cardies all the time when I can face bigger and badder things like the borg or Lwaxana Troi.  :laugh:

laughing-smiley-014.gif

Would it have killed them to turn up the lights?

Sure, give the Bajorans something else to whine about.

Looking back at this topic it reminded me of something I had thought about a few days ago. I hadn't watched a DS9 for a few days opting instead for TNG, TOS and VOY then an ENT. When I watched a DS9 episode it felt like I was coming home from a vacation. It just felt like such a familiar place I wanted to go to the habitat ring and find my quarters lol

Looking back at this topic it reminded me of something I had thought about a few days ago. I hadn't watched a DS9 for a few days opting instead for TNG, TOS and VOY then an ENT. When I watched a DS9 episode it felt like I was coming home from a vacation. It just felt like such a familiar place I wanted to go to the habitat ring and find my quarters lol

Just wait til you get to The Experience in Las Vegas. I felt like parking myself in Quark's and never leaving. :drool:

I have to say that I would prefer to live on DS9 than on a Starship. It seems to be my dream these days to live in a city in space which is what DS9 is..Yes, I know it'll never happen but it's fun to have dreams like that. :eek:

I haven't been to 'The Experience' yet..But, if I ever get there I know I will not want to leave..I'd probably try to find my quarters.. :drool:

I would choose the Enterprise you could have days of endless fun trying to persuade Picard to break the prime directive and wooshing off around the universe.Another plus point is it looks much cleaner and brighter i always wanted to take a can of spray polish to DS9. :drool:

I would have to say Deep Space Nine.I know the Enterprise has a lounge and holodecks,but it would just be so much nicer to relax after work by having a few drinks at Quarks,then a game of darts with Bashir and O'Brien,or a little Dabo.Or,if you have more time and extra credits,a little holosuite action.

It would also be great seeing all the myriad species of the galaxy strolling along the promenade.That,and occasional day trips to Bajor.

Easy. DS9. I would love to soacilise with any of the characters there, espeacily Morn. Plus the fact that it's right next to Bajor and the whole Gamma Quadrant whenever I want to explore. I also really like it that it is a city and that there's always new people to meet-and-greet.

I am in love :o with the look of the place.

Stardate:213855.5

Depends.If I were a starfleet officer it would be the Enterprise because it would be a huge honor to serve aside the officers there,plus the thought of maybe commanding my own starship someday would be appealing.

If i were a citizen then i choose DS9.Lots of excitement and lots of people to interact with.

A True warrior is only really alive when he is aboard a mighty starship,soaring through the eternal darkness of space.

What gain is there in remaining stagnant aboard a floating city?Surely,tis a female's station!

The cold depths for me,master of a terrible ship of war!

Edited by Commander_Peregrin