Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Similitude"?

What Rating Would You Give "Similitude" Out of 10?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What Rating Would You Give "Similitude" Out of 10?

I gave it a 9.5.  I loved it!  My only beef was...

Click For Spoiler

You have to think back to what Archer said to T'Pol:

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

I disagree.

Click For Spoiler

I gave it a 9.5.  I loved it!  My only beef was...

Click For Spoiler
...that Archer threated to kill Sim if he didn't sacrifice himself to save Trip.  This makes one think if clones have the same basic human rights we do, and also shows that Archer would be willing to do away with his morals to save a friend.

You have to think back to what Archer said to T'Pol:

Click For Spoiler
He said that if they weren't in the Expanse his decision would likely be different but with this mission Earth NEEDS Enterprise and Enterprise NEEDS Trip. In Archers mind, nothing will stand in the way of completing this mission succesfully. Even if it means murdering 1 person to save 10 Billion.

Click For Spoiler
There is no justification of murder, even if 10 billion people are at stake. Besides, Sim would be just as capable as Trip in saving Earth from the Xindi, so that's more reason to defend Sim. I think Archer just wanted the original Trip and saw Sim as a thing and not a real person.

Stardate:213879.7

But remeber Captain the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

Click For Spoiler
One persons life is not worth 10 Billion no matter who they are.I would kill anybody in a heartbeat to save 10 Billion

Click For Spoiler
The needs of the many do indeed outweight the needs of the few or one. However, I do not believe one can put a price on a life. I do not believe the risk of a planet is justification to kill, especially when the outcome either way is uncertain.
Edited by Takara_Soong

I gave it a 9.5, and by reading the other post I see I'm not alone in really liking this thought provoking episode. Kudos to the cast,crew, and staff that created this excellently told story.

I gave it a 9.5. A very good, well written episode. Conner, Scott and Jolene did a great job with it.

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

I think this is the nature of young Vulcan females and I love how Balok is portraying T'Pol. Would any one agree?

I totally agree Alterego! She has a wonderful way of revealing what she is feeling by giving us just enough with out being overly emotional about it. Its amazing what Jolene B can do with just the expressions on her face.

Yes that's it! Her eyes. They speak volumes. I'm this close *holds two fingers up nearly touching* from calling her the new Spock. There I said it and I'm not sorry, some may freak out about that but I don't care. I think it's the greatest compliment I could bestow upon her and the ptb for having kawhoonas enough to create a female version of a classic character. She is imo everything Data, Odo and to some degree even the Dr. was. Long live ENT!

I think this is the nature of young Vulcan females and I love how Balok is portraying T'Pol. Would any one agree?

Balok? :lol:

120x90.jpg

Click For Spoiler

:lol: B) I knew it was misspelled but I'm too tired to look it up, for me it's like-3-in-the-morning. :pepsi: I haven't yet caught my "stay up late second wind". :eek:

Edited by Alterego

I gave it a 10. It was a very powerful and thought - provoking story. I'm glad Archer had the strength to make the tough decisions. I believe he did the right, and necessary, thing.

Yes that's it! Her eyes. They speak volumes. I'm this close *holds two fingers up nearly touching* from calling her the new Spock.

That is a high compliment to pay T'Pol. While I do agree that she is well on her way to becoming that kind of a character, it may be too early for that kind of compliment. In a few years if her character keeps progressing like she is then I will certainly agree. I too love what she does with her eyes. You can read a lot about her by those eyes.

Yes that's it! Her eyes. They speak volumes. I'm this close *holds two fingers up nearly touching* from calling her the new Spock. There I said it and I'm not sorry, some may freak out about that but I don't care. I think it's the greatest compliment I could bestow upon her and the ptb for having kawhoonas enough to create a female version of a classic character. She is imo everything Data, Odo and to some degree even the Dr. was. Long live ENT!

Well, personally, I'd rather people see her and think T'Pol, not Spock II. :eek:

Yes that's it! Her eyes. They speak volumes. I'm this close *holds two fingers up nearly touching* from calling her the new Spock.

That is a high compliment to pay T'Pol. While I do agree that she is well on her way to becoming that kind of a character, it may be too early for that kind of compliment. In a few years if her character keeps progressing like she is then I will certainly agree. I too love what she does with her eyes. You can read a lot about her by those eyes.

I agree with you, she's not completely there yet but she is getting close. That's why I held up two fingers saying "this close" but I think she's closer to becoming the new female Spock than a couple years.

Type to you later!

Did First Contact change the timeline?

"Do not be concerned with WHEN....."

ShockandAwe... When the Walls Fell!

alterego@startrekfans.net

A 10 ! :laugh:

Great performances by Bakula, Trinneer, Blalock and Billingsly! :laugh:

One question for all out there:

Click For Spoiler
Do you think Trip will have some of Sim's memories? If Sim had Trips memories from his DNA, wouldn't it stand to reason that Trip would have Sim's? After all, Trip received a part of Sim's grey matter.

One question for all out there:

Click For Spoiler

I'd say yes, that is a very distinct possibility. Well thought out Riaan! :laugh:

I give it an 8.5. I wasn't to terribly blown away with the beginning, but as the episode went on and it entered the more thought provoking stages, it soared. That's the difference between 'Similitude' and 'Twilight'. 'Twilight' grabbed my attention from the start and never let go. Similitude started out slow and quiet, and then worked it's way up to one of the most thought provoking episodes of any Star Trek I've ever seen.

Click For Spoiler

I especially loved the actors who played the young versions of Sim. They even used the same inflections as Trip does.

"Impressive. Most impressive."

This is my first real post since returning to the board.

I gave a 9.

This is not because I thought there was anything lacking in the ep all in all I found it to be a fantastic and very entertaining one. But to me the trend of the eppisodes would mean that we would be giving 10 for all episodes. and I feel that we should look at the rating system in much the same way as Gene looked at warp speed for TNG other wise in the future we will be wanting to give 11, 12 and so on.

But to the point. Fantastic

Click For Spoiler
But that kiss at the end, Why did she do it? Was it because she felt the same way, or because she wanted to make what he had to do more barable?

:lol: :(

Click For Spoiler
I think you might also say she took advantage of him for the purpose of experimenting with her own feelings for him or to see how he'd react. It's a much better explanation for a Vulcan science officer than thinking she really cared for a less than 2 week old clone that she hardly knew.
Edited by Takara_Soong

Click For Spoiler
I think you might also say she took advantage of him for the purpose of experimenting with her own feelings for him or to see how he'd react.  It's a much better explanation for a Vulcan science officer than thinking she really cared for a less than 2 week old clone that she hardly knew.

Sort of like saying

Click For Spoiler
I can kiss this guy because a week from now I won't have to make eye contact with him in the hallways

now that sounds Vulcan.

However,

Riaan Posted on Nov 23 2003, 09:13 PM

Click For Spoiler
Do you think Trip will have some of Sim's memories? If Sim had Trips memories from his DNA, wouldn't it stand to reason that Trip would have Sim's? After all, Trip received a part of Sim's grey matter.

That could throw a monkey wrench into her plan. Which brings me to another question.

Click For Spoiler
Sim wasn't sure if the feelings for T'Pol were his or were Trip's memories. A lot of people here are assuming he was remembering Trip's feelings. But I hold on to the possibility that they were really just Sim's feelings and Trip is just building a genuine friendship with T'Pol. However, if he remembers what it was like to kiss T'Pol then he may feel a bit uncomfortable around her. He also may be either thinking "kissing Vulcans is yuck" or "wow - my turn"

I voted 9.5. I was touched very much by Similitude. It caught me right from the start. I deeply felt with Sim, Jon and Trip. If you could have seen me watching the epi you would have spotted a wet face from all the tears.

I rated only 9.5 instead of 10 because

Click For Spoiler
I didn't like the harsh reaction of Jon when it came to the point that Sim had to die. As to me a more sensitive reaction would have been more appropriate. I thought a lot about that during the week-end. Eventually I came to the conclusion that harsh words may be a way to mask guilty feeling about convicting a person to death. Or a way to deal with this hard decision.

Yes, I agree with Jon that it was necessary to create Sim. Enterprise needs Trip to succeed it's mission, Jon needs his friend. But Sim developed and became a human with an own identity. And his wish to live is more than understandable.

As a human - and the way his life did start makes no differance to me - he has gained rights. My point is that Sim is the only one who could make the decision to sacrifice his life for the welfare of humanity. No one else.

I'm bumping this thread as it was the episode shown March 25 after being voted 3rd favourite by fans.

I've fixed all the spoilers so they work now. You can read what people have already said before you add your two cents worth.

I didn't comment on this one when it originally ran but I do believe it was a wonderful episode. The moral dilemma faced by Archer was intense and Scott Bakula was wonderful.

Click For Spoiler

I think Similtude is the best episode of Enterprise so far. Its a perfect example of Roddenberry's original vision of Trek about exploring the human condition. Similtude holds its own against the best episodes of any of the Trek series.

9.5 - A very emotional episode which raises some ethical and moral issues, Excellent Performance's By Connor Trinneer , Scott Bakula, Jolene Blalock and John Billingsley.

Excellent Stuff

Edited by trek_dude

I just finished watching "Similitude" for the first time on my Season 3 ENT DVD and I have to say that it is the saddest episode I have seen so far from this series. It's very emotional the entire time.

Click For Spoiler
Everybody is full of regret that Sim has to die.

like I said in my short review, I nearly teared up when T'Pol and Sim had their goodbye kiss

anyone else like this episode?

Note: spoiler added

Edited by Takara_Soong

Sign in to follow this