53 members have voted

1. 1. Who should NOT be in Trek 11?

• The Next Generation
    • Deep Space Nine
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise
    • Mixed Crew
    • New Crew

Here's a new spin on the Trek 11 cast polls. Who do you think should not be in the 11th movie, from the above poll options?

I voted mixed cast because:

I'd love to see a TNG movie with Riker as the lead, a DS9 movie, or even a VOY movie! A new cast movie could allow the movies to make a big comeback. Perhaps Tom Cruise could captain a new ship? :blink: As for a mixed-cast... This is the one idea I don't like. I'm afraid that it'd end up being a fanboy movie, too epic in a campy way, or we'd only see 2-3 characters per series, probably the most popular.

What about you, which cast is the one you'd rather not see?

I didn't include TOS as #6 was their final movie.

EDIT:

i think Enterprise needs to be "rounded off" b4 we start with the movies...

old post:

Click For Spoiler
Enterprise should have a nice little "Romulan War" arc
Edited by VaBeachGuy

I voted for... eh... against "new cast". I don't like the idea of a complete new cast, ship and all that (except Riker commanding the Titan, but then you'd see Will and Deanna, and that wouldn't be new faces, so it wouldn't be a complete new cast movie :wow: ). I want to see persons I know from the series in a Star Trek movie, and not Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt or somebody in a Starfleet uniform. That wouldn't be... right, I don't know why (no offense to Mr. Cruise or Mr. Pitt :blink: ).

Mrs. Captain Picard

I know I won't be too popular for saying this but I voted for TNG.! They have had their chance as has TOS. I think it's time to give DS9, VOY, ENT or anybody else a shot at it. It could be refreshing and exciting.

I voted Enterprise. I think DS9 and Voyager need a shot at it first. Also I would be all about a mixed crew of TNG/DS9. As far as a new crew goes I'm not really for it but hey if they can make it work then more power to them.

i would like to several things in the next movie that is it should be a mixed cast or crew or may it should be totally new crew like crew from the novel star trek : new frontier. i would also like to see a new ship that is may Enterprise F or a Some Experimental Ship Like Discovery, Voyager A or B, Universe or Enterprise F. not only that if they could give Q a role that would be great to see.

EDIT:

old post:

Click For Spoiler

Currently Enterprise is set seven years or so years before The Federation War with the Romulans. That is a movie probably after the series has completed.

All of them seem fairly interesting. The one I would dislike the most would likely be TNG. I don't like the idea of using B4 to bring back Data, and the rest of the crew has been spread out. I just don't like the idea of forcing it all together. While I would have doubts about a new cast for a trek movie it would be interesting if it had a story line like The Motion Picture, following something that non-Trek fans could follow quite easily. An entirly new crew. It all could be quite interesting. Heck, the movie could be released as a start to a new series.

EDIT:

old post:

Click For Spoiler

Currently Enterprise is set seven years or so years before The Federation War with the Romulans. That is a movie probably after the series has completed.

The Federation isn't founded till after the war. <_<

I said enterprise as for one I hope there will be a new movie before enterprise finishes its 7 year run. I would go see any trek movie but I would love to see may be something new like new frontier or a mixed cast or ds9 or voyager I am not to picky as long as the story is good it should all fall into place I just wish they would make one soon as I like enterprise but I would like to see what is happening in the 24th century.

New crew....I mean there's a pool of great actors that could reprise there roles and do magical things with them. New crew is some what of a turn off for me because I'll always have in the back of my head..."Why aren't they using...."

A voted "new crew". I'm against introducing new faces to the fandom. The agitation afterwards when discussing which is better ENT or the potential new crew seems to me "not helpful" as a Vulcan would say.

As to me TNG movie time seems to be over. But DS9 and/or VOY could make it.

EDIT:

old post:

Click For Spoiler

The Federation isn't founded till after the war. <_<

Thanks. Forgot.

I voted that Enterprise should not be in the next movie. I think it shuold be given time to develop more. Perhaps the Enterprise crew could be in a movie further in the future.

I voted for VOY. Imo except for the Borg, that story has finished with telling anything of significance to it's arc's and characters to warrant a stand alone VOY film BUT there is room for them ALL in a mixed cast story. Perhaps a story dealing with the Queens revenge, Sisko could emerge from the Wormhole just in the nick of time to help the Federation in a final showdown with the Borg and all the characters from the other series could be there to.

Well, you can't have a cast of like 35 characters. If they did a mixed cast, I'd expect a mix of 9 or so characters, a captain, a doctor, an engineer, and so forth. Basically, whoever fits the story. Just as long as we don't have something dumb like two doctors or three engineers, as that wouldn't be ballanced. Also, we could have other characters in cameos and background roles. :eek:

As for VOY? They could confront the Hirogen in the Beta Quadrant, the Borg, Species 8472, the Vaadwar, or an original story. As for character, there's Janeway's promotion, the Chakotay/Seven romance, the fate of the EMH, the Tom/B'Elanna family, Harry's new assignment, Tuvok possibly becoming a Vulcan ambassador or something, who knows. As I said before, a character driven original story might be best if a VOY movie happens.

Holy Crap. Am I the only one who likes the idea of a new cast?

Not at all Lt. Commander Ericks, a new cast is a good idea but just not yet imo, first, I want ENT to do as much as it can on both the small and big screens and I want a final Swan Song film (or two) for the other series (TNG, DS9 & VOY) and their respective characters. This era needs closure before we move on into the future.

Then a new cast series is one of the possible things I would like to see done at the far end of the timeline. I think a new cast series should not be set around the time of NEM, I think the next series at that end of the saga should be set much further ahead say 100,150 (or more) past NEM or whatever proves to be the last film during the TNG DS9 VOY time. ENT has proven tptb are able to create new characters worthy of Trek and our respect so I say why not do another with new characters, just set the new series far enough ahead in time and all will be fresh and new again.

Ah, well, when I put the "new cast" option, I ment in terms of characters not seen in one of the shows, but new people soley for the movies. Just didn't know if I had confused you on that option. Basically, I'd prefer to see a series-based crew or a mixed crew. Just as long as they're people we saw on the shows.

I voted new cast. One of the things that is so special about Trek movies is how much we know the crews. I wouldn't have the same attachment to a crew that I have never met before.

I can understand if were talking about a bunch of greenhorns coming aboard ship for the first time, (like Capt Harriman and his motley crew) sitting down and leaving space dock for the first time but if we were to be dropped onto the bridge of a ship with totally unfamiliar faces (who had a couple years of, unseen by us, service and experience under their belts) right into the middle of them handling a major crisis in fine style then I think not knowing who they are would be a minor thing.

Besides, at one time we all had no emotional attachment to every new crew so I don't see a big difference between starting a new crew in a series for TV or Feature Films except for the fact, being introduced to a new (good) crew in a FF would be something fresh. I understand it would not be easy to pull off but it would not imo, be impossible.

I voted for "Mixed Crew" but I'd prefer if the mix was more DS9 than anything else. A movie with the "Return of Sisko" in it would be cool. Damn shame they can't do "Return of Jadzia" at the same time!

edit: Zoiks! I voted backwards! I want to SEE a mixed crew. What I don't want to see is "The Voyage Home of B4" or any of that type o crap.

Edited by Mofo Jones

i choose new cast it could becuse it stuipd idea of new ship and new chacthers for example uss carzyhorse it has jem 'hadar as frist officer and capatin bob lspam , that would look stuipd as movie that for aganist new crew. i 'm total against it if they said if they did movie s something we all know about and mention in trek eposdie like. slipt beteewen vulcan and romulans , founding of domionin , and eugenics war .

Edited by amcroja