Sign in to follow this  
Sirius

starwarsfans.net

I am thinking very seriously about having my own Star Wars fan site based on startrekfans.net.

I have become tired of starwars.com and various other star wars fan sites as they have all become quite as intollerable for me as startrek.com.

Of course,I haven't a clue as how to go about it...

I'll keep you posted.

:)

i can help you Sirius.....with my HTML and hosting knowledge, and your love....we can make a team????????????????????????

i've got an open slate for the next 3 months....

I have become tired of starwars.com and various other star wars fan sites as they have all become quite as intollerable for me as startrek.com.

StarWars.com As Bad As StarTrek.com?? Sense When?? :blink:

I'd join your site Sirius!Afterall,every good SW site needs a Sith Lord!That's me...Darth Bananas. :wow:

I registered at Star Wars.com a few months ago,and was treated rudely by almost everybody.They've got a problem with newbies or something.People kept telling me "someone already asked that" and "Don't you read the posts before you add something?"...well,NO,not when the threads are 21 pages long!!!!I got so frustrated I just stopped going to those message boards altogether and only use my hyperspace membership to download suff and get spoilers and stuff. :blink:

My anger turned to hate.My hate made me powerful!The Dark Side of the Force coursed through my veins and I cut down my enemies!

Sirius,if you only knew the power of the Dark Side!Hahahahahaha.... :wow:

Stardate:213877.6

Interresting....Imagine if it became as big as stf.net.We would have us a little rivalry maybe :blink:

Stardate:213877.6

Interresting....Imagine if it became as big as stf.net.We would have us a little rivalry maybe :blink:

Oh,I doubt it will ever get that big.

startrekfans.net....often imitated,never duplicated.

I registered at Star Wars.com a few months ago,and was treated rudely by almost everybody.They've got a problem with newbies or something.People kept telling me "someone already asked that" and "Don't you read the posts before you add something?"...well,NO,not when the threads are 21 pages long!!!!I got so frustrated I just stopped going to those message boards altogether and only use my hyperspace membership to download suff and get spoilers and stuff. :wow:

:blink: Ok..Don't Wann Get Into A Discussion About The Rules Over There....But There Is A Reason Why They Don't Want 4-5 Threads About The Same Thing

well i made it in 5 seconds by activating it on my server, lol....i can do better, skinning and creating images......and hey, VBG has an email address :blink:.

anyhoo, i dunno, Sirius and the rest of you sign up, or ill make a better one, i dont know whether sirius was serious...

SIRIUS:

Click for Spoiler:

if you want you can buy the domain (www.starwarsfans.com, www.starwarsfans.net or www.starwarsfans.org for like $8 US....ill be happy to do the tech side of it, if youll have me and we could set up a VBG / Alterego thing.....whatever

I'd join your site Sirius!Afterall,every good SW site needs a Sith Lord!That's me...Darth Bananas. :wow:

I registered at Star Wars.com a few months ago,and was treated rudely by almost everybody.They've got a problem with newbies or something.People kept telling me "someone already asked that" and "Don't you read the posts before you add something?"...well,NO,not when the threads are 21 pages long!!!!I got so frustrated I just stopped going to those message boards altogether and only use my hyperspace membership to download suff and get spoilers and stuff. :blink:

My anger turned to hate.My hate made me powerful!The Dark Side of the Force coursed through my veins and I cut down my enemies!

Sirius,if you only knew the power of the Dark Side!Hahahahahaha.... :wow:

That's the reason that I don't post over there that much anymore. I understand that new people make mistakes and need to be corrected at times but there is no excuse for the rudenes some of the posters display to the newer posters. Some of them seem to think that hundreds of posts gives them the right ro speak to you any kind of way. I have seen some the the real mods jump on a few offenders cases over it. I don't think Star Wars.com is half as bad as Star Trek.com though. A lot of people over there are just plain sick.

StarWars.com As Bad As StarTrek.com?? Sense When?? :wow:

I wasn't referring to rude board members,or bad moderation.I was speaking about the cluttered feel of many of the topics there.Some of the threads just go on and on forever,like Bananas mentioned.By the time you've read an entire topic,you've quite forgotten what question it was you wished to ask,or what point you wanted to make.They need badly to clean house,and dump the older threads.

But,since its been mentioned,I have been rather rudely received myself there at times :blink:

A few of the regulars tend to believe that posting 10,000,000 topics or responses means that the boards belong to them exclusively.They also at times attack questions from members not as knowledgable as themselves,as if everybody should know everything there is to know about Star Wars.Some posters,like Bananas,are youngsters and shouldn't be badgered about their questions or responses.

I know a couple of the Mods there,though,and they tend to do their jobs as well as can be expected.

I think I'll spend this upcoming week forming my ideas of what exactly I want in a site and then maybe Trekzone and I can tackle the job.But first,I'd like to check on a few links VBG provided me with,as well as some links a few of you others have provided.

:wow:

StarWars.com As Bad As StarTrek.com?? Sense When?? :wow:

I wasn't referring to rude board members,or bad moderation.I was speaking about the cluttered feel of many of the topics there.Some of the threads just go on and on forever,like Bananas mentioned.By the time you've read an entire topic,you've quite forgotten what question it was you wished to ask,or what point you wanted to make.They need badly to clean house,and dump the older threads.

But,since its been mentioned,I have been rather rudely received myself there at times :bow:

A few of the regulars tend to believe that posting 10,000,000 topics or responses means that the boards belong to them exclusively.They also at times attack questions from members not as knowledgable as themselves,as if everybody should know everything there is to know about Star Wars.Some posters,like Bananas,are youngsters and shouldn't be badgered about their questions or responses.

I know a couple of the Mods there,though,and they tend to do their jobs as well as can be expected.

I think I'll spend this upcoming week forming my ideas of what exactly I want in a site and then maybe Trekzone and I can tackle the job.But first,I'd like to check on a few links VBG provided me with,as well as some links a few of you others have provided.

:blink:

Yeah...I Do Know There Are People There That Try To Act All Hight & Mighty That Sour The Experiance For New Posters... :wow:

But As For Those Long Threads....That's What They're There For...Reading To Get Your Questions Answered....

If Someone Made A New Thread Each Time They Wanted A Question Answered...That Most Likely Can Be Found In An Existing Thread, They Be Even More Cluttered.

You Wouldn't Beleive How Many Times I've Seen A New Thread About Episodes 7-9 Show Up! B)

As For The Rude People...With A Message Board Of That Many Members...It's To be Expected..Sadly.

Anyways...I've Been There Since The End Of March, 2002. No One's Scared Me Off :P

And You Will Find Me Quite Friendly Over There :)

I checked out invisionfree and with the help of my daughters I'm well on my way to making my star wars site a reality.

Thanks for all the help,everyone!And thank you trekzone,for your generous offers to help me.I feel badly that we won't work on this together.But after I started talking about my ideas,my daughters insisted on helping me with my project.

I'd like to add several topics in each forum before I post my sites address :blink: .Everything should be in order,and tomorrow afternoon,I'll invite everyone to have a look (and maybe PM me a few suggestions or crticisms).

Again,Thank you all for your support!

:wow:

hmm...well i am still available to help Sirius.....i can get you FREE hosting???? just let us know.... mail, PM, MSN, AIM, ICQ whatever!

yeah....i know, but if he wants to expand to a domain...i can get him hosting...its called sucking up :blink:

:blink: I am EXHAUSTED.....

I stayed up until 6 a.m. adding links and topics and miniclip games to my site.Phew..it was more tiring than I expected.

My Star Wars site (which,in truth has evolved into more of a general sci-fi forum with Star Wars as the primary theme),is nearly ready for inspection :) It will just be a bare skeletal shadow of what I hope it to become,but I'll post the link to the site later on today.I do admit to a bit of nervousness.I'm worried none of you will like it...

I'm just being paranoid,though. <_< Until later,Sirius out.

:blink: I am EXHAUSTED.....

I stayed up until 6 a.m. adding links and topics and miniclip games to my site.Phew..it was more tiring than I expected.

Welcome to my world <_<

I am thinking very seriously about having my own Star Wars fan site based on startrekfans.net.

Of course,I haven't a clue as how to go about it...

I'll keep you posted.

:clap:

Star Trek is heaps better than Star Wars. No offense but I got sick of Star Wars back when the movies first came out (over 20 years ago) My brother was obssessed with it and my sister and I had to endure the movies countless times. Its amazing though because my brother loved anything to do with space but he never got into Star Trek.....................

Linda

I'd join your site Sirius!Afterall,every good SW site needs a Sith Lord!That's me...Darth Bananas. :clap:

I registered at Star Wars.com a few months ago,and was treated rudely by almost everybody.They've got a problem with newbies or something.People kept telling me "someone already asked that" and "Don't you read the posts before you add something?"...well,NO,not when the threads are 21 pages long!!!!I got so frustrated I just stopped going to those message boards altogether and only use my hyperspace membership to download suff and get spoilers and stuff. :clap:

Sirius,if you only knew the power of the Dark Side!Hahahahahaha.... :(

That's the reason that I don't post over there that much anymore. I understand that new people make mistakes and need to be corrected at times but there is no excuse for the rudenes some of the posters display to the newer posters. Some of them seem to think that hundreds of posts gives them the right ro speak to you any kind of way. I have seen some the the real mods jump on a few offenders cases over it. I don't think Star Wars.com is half as bad as Star Trek.com though. A lot of people over there are just plain sick.

I agree, lots of people are just plain sick over at Startrek.com. I also found that site to be a bit unorganised and the message board seemed to be full of immature people starting threads.

As for Star Wars, I got sick of it a long time ago and I don't like it. That is just my opinion though and I don't mind if others want to discuss it.

I wonder if the 'rude' people on the Star Wars site would actually speak to people like that in real life? Its so much easier to diss someone in cyberspace because we can't see the other person and we don't get a reaction (and we can't see their reaction) I think this is wrong and we should speak to people in cyberspace the same way we speak to people in the real world. Its much better to be polite to everyone, even if they are rude to us, this way you can't go wrong. However, rude people on message boards can just be ignored, that is the beauty of the internet. I also believe that if you are say rude things to someone on the net, just think about it, would you really say those things to someone in real life?? What I'm trying to say is, just remember that people who post on message boards are real people too, even though we can't see them.

Just adding my two cents,

Linda