ddillard

The Chat Room

Do you use the chat room?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the chat room?

• I use the chat room frequently.
    • I have used the chat room a few times
    • I don't like chat rooms
    • I didn't know we had one but I'll try it soon.
    • I want to but I do not have Java installed on my computer.
    • I want to but I am having trouble logging into the room.
    • I want to but I don't know how to get to the chat room.

Just wanted to create a new poll to see how many people use the chat room and how often. And it will also let me narrow down the reasons that are causing some people not to use it.

I used to use the chatroom frequently but some of my favourite people to chat with have been unable to make it to the room for various reasons so it's not the same anymore. I will try to go more often though.

Stardate:213806.7

I have went a few times but i never really have time too.

I use it frequently. I'd use it even more if there were people in there to talk to.

I sometimes go there just to see if anyone is there...but,of course,there sin't since I always check late in the a.m.,when no chats are scheduled.But that seems like the only time I'm ever interested in chatting.

I have no much experience with chatrooms. I wanted to join the Halloween trivia but then the starting time was changed and I was too late.

But on Tuesday Captain Holland wanted to chat and Mrs. Picard and me joint him. That was fun!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to do this again.

As to me it was a good idea to open a threat and invite people to a spontaneous chat.

It would also be helpful if we could see if there are already people in the chatroom. Sometimes I don't think of going in there, but if there was a place on the portal page or index saying there are x-amount of people currently in chat, or even listing the names of people in the chat, I think it would draw more people in there. I don't know if this is technologically possible, just a thought.

It would also be helpful if we could see if there are already people in the chatroom.  Sometimes I don't think of going in there, but if there was a place on the portal page or index saying there are x-amount of people currently in chat, or even listing the names of people in the chat, I think it would draw more people in there.  I don't know if this is technologically possible, just a thought.

I have used the chat room a couple of times and enjoyed it.

I agree with Indy, it would be nice to have a tally of how many or who are currently chatting on the board index. I do find a thread asking anyone to join a chat works well too.

It would be nice to know the access code to get in. ;)

That info is on Chat forum page under the topic of Information and FAQ..I believe..

I voted "don't like" only because I don't type fast enough to use them.

I have an applet that shows how many people are logged into the chat room, I will get with VBG in the next week to see if he can add it to the boards somewhere, it will give a number, but unfortunately as for showing a list of the people in the rooms that is currently not possible.

I use it but every time I am on no one else is using it!! :borgqueen:

Me too! I can't get the time difference right between Australian time and chat shedules. If anyone can help me get the time difference right I'd be glad for the assistance.

PM me if you can help.

Edited by thedoctor

I use it for the trivia chat and if there any other chats that are on at a time when I am awake. I sometime look in there but there is never one in there.

Once I have internet access again at home, day after tomorrow (Hooray) I will be in the chat room alot more often especially late at night, so if all else fails ya'll can log in and keep me company.

when do the most ppl use the chat!?!?  :borgqueen:

MQ hosts Trivia chats every other week or so and there is Enterprise chats on Wednesday nights. A lot of times I'll pop in there just to see if anyone is in there and wants to chat..It may be a good idea to post a topic 'Let's chat now'..And then go into the chat room and see if anybody shows up.. :dude:

It may be a good idea to post a topic 'Let's chat now'..And then go into the chat room and see if anybody shows up..  :dude:

I did that twice and it worked quite well. - I enjoyed it very much