Sign in to follow this  
removed

[S] Judgment

SPOILER

did anyone else think that this, even though nessecary, was a foolish move on behalf of the enterprise crew to rescue archer from the mines? this would only make relations between the the klingons and the humans even worse. im sure this will come back to haunt them. maybe that durac guy will get a ship and try to destroy archer for making him look like a fool. just my thought.

First of all, I rate Broken Bow a 9. That was the best episode so far in my opinion. I rate it a 9 because I'd like to see an even better episode than Broken Bow. Judgement gets a 7 because it wasnt as good as Broken Bow, and I think they can make a better episode as an 8. I havent seen an 8 yet, so 7 is the highest that I can rate it.

It was really cool to see that familiar set from ST6, and interesting to see the Durass family there. I liked the way that the Klingon defense attorney went to bat in the same way Worf's grandfather did for Kirk. I also think that he showed what he meant by real honor at the end of the episode when he had an oppourtunity to escape Rurapente. When he said "Not many people here have anything to live for." says it all in my opinion.

Tune in next week when I review "Horizon"

episode045.jpg

This was an excellent episode! I won't give any spoilers here but if you haven't seen it tonight be sure to watch it! I was very pleased with this episode!

Don't forget, if you do give any spoilers add to the post before the spoiler.

Guest rbrown329

The best enterprise yet. Character driven, with a message about justice, etc.

I think it was a great episode too, even though I wasn't paying too much attention as I was just starting here. I signed up yesterday, but I didn't have time to make any posts. I remember most of it, and from the snippits I saw it was really good. I would like to see the whole episode though, so I'll just watch it on Sunday.

episode045.jpg

This was an excellent episode! I won't give any spoilers here but if you haven't seen it tonight be sure to watch it! I was very pleased with this episode!

Don't forget, if you do give any spoilers add <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'> to the post before the spoiler.</span>

:wow: Yes it is a good show and I think it is one of the best Star Trek's

Excellent, excellent episode. I thought it was really well done and it was nice to see what the Klingon justice system was like in those days. I guess the season finale will have more on this subject too. I can hardly wait for next week's episode.

I liked the way they brought another Duras into the fray, I am sure the Duras in Enterprise has to be an ancestor to the Duras in TNG, and having J.G. Hertzler (Martok from DS9) play Kolos was great too. It helped to tie ENT into the other Star Trek series in an even stronger way.

I think the miscues that Starfleet makes now in Enterprise sets the stage for the years of war between the Klingons and Humans. So while it may have been a mistake to rescue him it all fits in to the "history" of Star Trek.

I must say that though the storyline has been used, I did get some excitement out of this one. In the beginning it was funny to see the first witness and his account of Archer's "Death to the Empire" statement.

On other message boards (you know the ones I'm talking about), this episode got blasted for its lack of originality...however I still liked it. I am easily entertained I guess. I also thought the acting was superb...especially the Klingons! Good casting call.

Did anybody recognize the name of the Gulag that Archer and his lawyer were sent?

Guest Ktrek

Well, I liked this episode. I would give it an 8 on a scale of 10. We know that by Kirk's time the relations with the Klingons are really bad and there has to be events that lead up to and precipitate that. The acting was superb and I thought even Bakula did a fine job in this episode. I have to say though, I thought if Archer acted more like the captain that Duras described he would make a much better captain. I'm looking forward to see where this story arc will take the show. I also hope we get to see more stories from Taylor Elmore & David A. Goodman. As I have said many times before if B&B will stay out of the writing process and let the writers do their jobs we could see some good stuff. :wow:

Ktrek

Not necessarily stupid. The crew didn't "rescue" him per se. They bribed someone. I like that they weren't perfectly noble and upstanding. I liked this episode. It laid a good foundation for the future. I was intrigued by the fact that the Klingon empire was not so violent and aggressive once upon a time. Very interesting. I love historical tie ins.

Not necessarily stupid.  The crew didn't "rescue" him per se.  They bribed someone.  I like that they weren't perfectly noble and upstanding. I liked this episode.  It laid a good foundation for the future.  I was intrigued by the fact that the Klingon empire was not so violent and aggressive once upon a time. Very interesting.  I love historical tie ins.

It was also really something to see a time where honour had a different meaning for the Klingons. Bribing a Klingon official - where is the Klingon honour in that!

I wonder if the advocate was in any realtion to the house of Martok (since he was played by the same actor.) It it's true then the future of change in the Klingon empire may have lived to his expectations (granted though it did take a couple centuries.)

Guest Ktrek

As I got thinking more about this episode I felt like one important thing had been left out and that is how did Archer fall into their custody to begin with? The show never answers that.

Ktrek

Ktrek, I think he just turned himself over and that's why the Enterprise was in orbit, but you're right, that is important info that was left out.

A 10! Precisely one of the things I have been hoping for ENT to explore.

I especially liked when it was said about there being "Different Classes" of Klingons! :wow: Talk about a foundation being laid to someday explain ridgeless Klingons and further, to explain why they are not ALL Warriors!

I just want to go to st.com and smear it in all of their griping faces!

YES! I am jazzed! ENT RULES!

I would like to take this opportunity to recommend to all who loved this episode of ENT, start searching for a (originally hardcover but I'm sure there are paperbacks by now) copy of the novel "KAHLESS", I guarantee the writers of last night's episode have read this book. :wow:

...and having J.G. Hertzler (Martok from DS9) play Kolos was great too. It helped to tie ENT into the other Star Trek series in an even stronger way...

i thought i recognized him! i never realized who he was though.

This was an excellent episode! I like the fact that we learned a little more about the Klingon culture and past.

I was amazed that the folks over at Star Trek .com are doing nothing but bashing this episode.They say its a complete rip off of Star Trek:Undiscovered Country.I think they need to watch that film again because there was no resemblence to the TV episode at all with the exception of there being a trial.two totally different story lines.It seems some people hate Enterprise so much they are starting to make things up to get people to believe they are right.

I give this episode a 8 1/2 om the 1-10 scale.

Click for Spoiler:

s

I really liked this episode - and I even found a Klingon that I liked. In fact I think I learned more about Klingon society in this one episode than the last 35+ years. And whether they realized it or not they explained how a lot of cultures develop. If something is promoted or popularized by those in power to the exclusion of all else - people soon forget there is anything else.

Ah, but I'm wandering. I also like that Archer got to be a man of honor himself. And I loved that they "sprung him". I've been rethinking this whole prime directive thing. On one hand it sounds quite sensible and noble; on the other - why should someone lose their life in a prison camp because a bunch of bad guys don't like to play fair. This episode was :cool:

It is Saturday night...which means UPN will be rebroadcasting this episode!

Popcorn and soda in 5, 4, 3...

I thought it was a really good episode. I've only seen about 6 so far and this is probably my favorite. Out of 10 I'd give it a 8. Now I'll discuss specifics.

Click for Spoiler:

Seeing a tie-in with Star Trek 6 in regards to the court room and Rurapente is the type of stuff I really like and I think will help me get into Ent more. Was great to see J.G. Hertlzer reprise a different Klingon role. I think he has the perfect voice and acting ability to play a Klingon, and the way they did the make up made him look completely different than General Martok. Also, the sociological overtones and similar aspects were a nice touch.

My only complaint is that the rescue seemed a little tacked on. Would have liked to have seen more involvement such as a conversation between T'Pol and her Klingon contacts, or Malcom actually getting to Rurapente aboard the ship.

Anyone else think Duras' testimony was hilarious, especially when Archer says, "death to the empire" haha.

This was an excellent episode! I like the fact that we learned a little more about the Klingon culture and past.

I was amazed that the folks over at Star Trek .com are doing nothing but bashing this episode.They say its a complete rip off of Star Trek:Undiscovered Country.I think they need to watch that film again because there was no resemblence to the TV episode at all with the exception of there being a trial.two totally different story lines.It seems some people hate Enterprise so much they are starting to make things up to get people to believe they are right.

I give this episode a 8 1/2 om the 1-10 scale.

Most of the people at startrek.com are morons. They complain and hate everything... they might call themselves star trek fans, but all they do is bash the shows.

To:~Crims~ Response to above.

Click for Spoiler:

quote=My only complaint is that the rescue seemed a little tacked on. Would have liked to have seen more involvement such as a conversation between T'Pol and her Klingon contacts, or Malcom actually getting to Rurapente aboard the ship. /quote

Agreed, the end did seem a little tacked on but I would much rather continue watching the exchange between Archer and the Klingon (I cant remember his name either :tear: ) than see what was happening on the ship to attempt the rescue.

quote=Anyone else think Duras' testimony was hilarious, especially when Archer says, "death to the empire" haha. /quote

Yeah, it was hilarious! rofl2.gif

I finally got to see this episode! I have yet to see all of Enterprise but from what I have this one definatly rates in my top 5.

I loved that we finally got some insight into the non-worrier Klingons. I had always wonderd how a race that seem to only live for battle had ever discoverd warp drive. I also liked that they said that the younger Klingons were starting to only live for battle, this explians the Klingons by the time of TNG. Seeing the court room again was also cool. Star Trek VI has always been my favorite movie because it, like this episode, showed us that the Klingons could be intellegent as well as brutal.

I agree with Crims that the rescue in the end did seem to be kind of tacked on. Tacked on endings seems to be a common problem with Enterprise. What was the episode a few weeks ago where Trip gets kidnaped along with some princess? Judgment could have easily been a two parter. I think if UPN wouldn't cut the shows down so much for extra ad time than the ratings might be higher. I don't remember TNG ever having a leangth problem.

I finally got to see this episode! I have yet to see all of Enterprise but from what I have this one definatly rates in my top 5.

I loved that we finally got some insight into the non-worrier Klingons. I had always wonderd how a race that seem to only live for battle had ever discoverd warp drive. I also liked that they said that the younger Klingons were starting to only live for battle, this explians the Klingons by the time of TNG. Seeing the court room again was also cool. Star Trek VI has always been my favorite movie because it, like this episode, showed us that the Klingons could be intellegent as well as brutal.

I agree with Crims that the rescue in the end did seem to be kind of tacked on. Tacked on endings seems to be a common problem with Enterprise. What was the episode a few weeks ago where Trip gets kidnaped along with some princess?  Judgment could have easily been a two parter. I think if UPN wouldn't cut the shows down so much for extra ad time than the ratings might be higher. I don't remember TNG ever having a leangth problem.

Click for Spoiler:

I totally agree. TNG never, ever had a length problem, in some early episodes they had a problem pacing the episode for the length that it was on, now on Enterprise, everything seems to be rushed. And I agree it was nice to see some insight into non-warrior Klingons. Assuming Enterprise goes 7 seasons, I expect a really entertaining Klingon story arc