Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "North Star"?

What Rating Would You Give "North Star" Out of 10?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What Rating Would You Give "North Star" Out of 10?

Hey, it's that time again to tell us what you gave Enterprise and why!

Here is what I thought of North Star:

Click for Spoiler:

North Star could not have come at a better time. After "Twilight", the explosive episode of last week (no pun intended), it was refreshing to see an episode that went outside of the Xindi story arc. Timing aside, the episode was quite good itself. It went back to the core of Star Trek, which is dealing with issues. While many episodes do this, but I think this one did it better than most. I was very happy with the hope that was created by the end of the episode. As for the action, it was fantastic! The phaser and gun fights were unique because they were out in the open, and not confined by corridors. Furthermore, I liked it when Archer got shot as it was incredibly real looking. Also, Reed shooting T'Pol reminded me of "Speed", except that it had a more humorous twist. "Take the hostage out of the equation!" The best action; however, was the physical action. Bakula is now my favorite captain when it comes to fighting hand to hand. He made fighting with one arm look very convincing and believable. His acting was also above par; he makes an amazing cowboy! After the wonderful episodes seen this season, I think that Bakula may be the best actor to play the role of a captain in Star Trek. Although Picard as a character was better, Bakula manages to out trump Stewart with acting ability, which is a very generous statement because Stewart is one of my favorite actors. They couldn't have chosen a better actor for Archer. Enterprise this season is helping me believe Enterprise can make it for a full 7 years. As a stand alone episode I give this episode a 9 of 10. This is more than I was going to give originally, but after writting out my thoughts on North Star, I couldn't give it any less.

Edited by Captain Bolivar

I thought that North Star was a pretty entertaining episode. A great concept (even though it has been done to an extent) and its great to see the crew in a different way. I thought Archer looked pretty cool in the cowboy get up.

The main thing that I didn't like was that this episode did nothing to contibute to the Xindi arc, but that is also refreshing. All in all, entertaining, interesting, and refreshing. Gets a 7/10 in my book.

I enjoyed it, missed the first 10 minutes though. Otherwise a very good episode.

I gave it an 8.5.

Click for Spoiler:

I loved it when Reed shot T'Pol lol

Personally, I did think this episode wasn't going to be great. How wrong I was!!!

It was a beautiful story with a great ending. Plus the production was incredible.

9.5 --- No less! Even though I did like "Twilight" a little better... only a fraction though!

I really really enjoyed this episode. I could almost see Lloyd Bridges and Gary Cooper duking it out. :huh:

Click for Spoiler:

As for Reed shooting T'Pol - that was great!!

AND

Click for Spoiler:

I guess the next-week scenes answer at least partial wonderings about Trip and T'Pol, eh? This is the first time I've watched the upcoming scenes and said "I HAVE to watch that!"

I gave it a 7.5. but I give Archer an 11 as a cowboy. Smmmookin :lol: . Seriously though Scott Bakula is an outstanding actor in all respects.

Click for Spoiler:

I am not really a huge fan of westerns but I enjoyed the story of the earthlings and how they were kidnapped, enslaved and then liberated. I think I would of liked to learn more about how they were kidnapped though and also how Enterprise came upon the planet. So thats why I gave it the rating I did. Plus Twilight really raised the bar.

WOW next week looks great, can't wait!

Edited by archerfan

Stardate:213866.9

Cool episode.I like it when they throw an episode out there like that that has nothing to do with the major story arc really.Very entertaining and fun.I am still trying to shake the effects of Twilight off thought.

7/10

Click for Spoiler:

Agreed about Reed shooting T'pol.That was great :lol:

Edited by geranimo

Well, I enjoy episodic shows as much as I do serialised shows. As a result, I love the Xindi story arc, but I'm also glad they haven't forgotten that this is Star Trek and still give us stand-alones. :lol:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Another ten.

Click for Spoiler:

I noticed a homage to TOS episode Specter of the Gun, during the shootout there was a scene with a wooden fence in the foreground shot at the same angle as the shootout scene in the before mentioned OS episode.

Talk about a story with meaning! NS takes the cake on so many different levels I'm not going to list them all. Bravo to TPTB for giving us a perfect mix of episodes that cover every base.

ANOTHER 10 !

Here is what I thought of North Star:

Click for Spoiler:

North Star could not have come at a better time.  After "Twilight", the explosive episode of last week (no pun intended), it was refreshing to see an episode that went outside of the Xindi story arc.  Timing aside, the episode was quite good itself.  It went back to the core of Star Trek, which is dealing with issues.  While many episodes do this, but I think this one did it better than most.  I was very happy with the hope that was created by the end of the episode.  As for the action, it was fantastic!  The phaser and gun fights were unique because they were out in the open, and not confined by corridors.  Furthermore, I liked it when Archer got shot as it was incredibly real looking.  Also, Reed shooting T'Pol reminded me of "Speed", except that it had a more humorous twist.  "Take the hostage out of the equation!"  The best action; however, was the physical action.  Bakula is now my favorite captain when it comes to fighting hand to hand.  He made fighting with one arm look very convincing and believable.  His acting was also above par; he makes an amazing cowboy!  After the wonderful episodes seen this season, I think that Bakula may be the best actor to play the role of a captain in Star Trek.  Although Picard as a character was better, Bakula manages to out trump Stewart with acting ability, which is a very generous statement because Stewart is one of my favorite actors.  They couldn't have chosen a better actor for Archer.  Enterprise this season is helping me believe Enterprise can make it for a full 7 years.  As a stand alone episode I give this episode a 9 of 10.  This is more than I was going to give originally, but after writting out my thoughts on North Star, I couldn't give it any less.

Captain Bolivar you said everything I wanted to say, but better. I couldn't agree more! :lol:

This season is great! I've caught myself watching eps 4 and 5 times. And I can't wait for each new ep! :lol:

This episode made me think: What would the other Trek captains have done? I think they would have done a lot of worrying about the Prime Directive. In the end, they probably would have done the same thing as Archer, although I would welcome alternative theories.

This episode made me think: What would the other Trek captains have done? I think they would have done a lot of worrying about the Prime Directive. In the end, they probably would have done the same thing as Archer, although I would welcome alternative theories.

I think Picard would have worried about the Prime Directive more then the others, Janeway also. I think it would have been a minor concern for Sisko but I don't think he would have thought about it too hard because they're Human and were abducted (their ancestors were anyway). I don't think Kirk would have worried about it much if at all though.

I missed it :lol:

I was in bed (or on the couch) sick all day....

get well soon Bananas.....and on the topic.....it sounded interesting.......more from me later!

Edited by trekzone

Concerning the talk about what other captains would have done in Archer's situation, if I were a captain I would have ignored the planet all together. If Archer had been killed what would happen to Earth. It was an unacceptable risk, but for the sake of a good episode I don't mine! :lol:

I too don't think the prime directive would have been an issue.

Click for Spoiler:

if anything this natural cultural development had already been interfered with

speaking of cultural development

Click for Spoiler:

is it realistic that the culture would have remained absolutely stagnant for 300 years - clothing, technology - something would have changed in 300 years

Trip

Click for Spoiler:

back to being the comic interlude - okay his bit about the horse "how hard can it be?" was amusing but I don't like the dumb and goofy Trip.

What is everyone's thoughts about the "message" they were trying to send? Is it possible that will tie into the Xindi Arc?

Trip

Click for Spoiler:

back to being the comic interlude - okay his bit about the horse "how hard can it be?" was amusing but I don't like the dumb and goofy Trip.

I didn't thoink Trip was portrayed as "dumb and goofy" at all. :lol:

What is everyone's thoughts about the "message" they were trying to send?  Is it possible that will tie into the Xindi Arc?

What message? I just saw it as an entertaining episode. As for the Xindi-arc, I don't see how this episode has any connection.

I think Picard would have worried about the Prime Directive more then the others, Janeway also. I think it would have been a minor concern for Sisko but I don't think he would have thought about it too hard because they're Human and were abducted (their ancestors were anyway). I don't think Kirk would have worried about it much if at all though.

I don't think the Prime Directive aplies since the transplanted Humans know about how they were brought there and about aliens. I thought the Prime Directive's intent was to protect pre-warp civilizations that didn't know about aliens and such?

I don't think the Prime Directive aplies since the transplanted Humans know about how they were brought there and about aliens. I thought the Prime Directive's intent was to protect pre-warp civilizations that didn't know about aliens and such?

It wouldn't apply that's true, but I believe what was meant by the question was would there be any doubt or question in the Captains minds about if they should intervene or not even though they are human.

What a great episode, I gave it a 9.5. And It gave a very clear message about how prejudice is wrong and hurtful to others. Bravo to TPTB, another fantastic episode that taught us a lesson in life, which certainly holds true to the Star Trek legacy.

I actually didn't like the fact that Archer offered to take them back to Earth. I think he should have told them about Earth...but not take everyone back, because what if Earth was destroyed by somebody else besides the Xindi.. at least humans would survive in some other location in the galaxy. And even though they were taking a long time to make "civilized progress", they could have surpassed the Earth humans eventually in technology and societal evolution. Just an interesting afterthought ....

I actually didn't like the fact that Archer offered to take them back to Earth.  I think he should have told them about Earth...but not take everyone back, because what if Earth was destroyed by somebody else besides the Xindi.. at least humans would survive in some other location in the galaxy.  And even though they were taking a long time to make "civilized progress", they could have surpassed the Earth humans eventually in technology and societal evolution.  Just an interesting afterthought ....

If they had been a willing colony that would likely have been the case (not to offer to take them back) but since they were abducted then they should be allowed to return (if they want to).

i guess i liked the episode...but again..it seems that the story lines lately, are ones weve seen before

very reminicent of voyager's 49ers

also reminecent of the movie stargate

i remeber reading a while back that roddenberry was torn between doing a western or a sci-fi project back in the days...i suppose this episode could be another tribute to the big man in charge

I actually didn't like the fact that Archer offered to take them back to Earth.  I think he should have told them about Earth...but not take everyone back, because what if Earth was destroyed by somebody else besides the Xindi.. at least humans would survive in some other location in the galaxy.  And even though they were taking a long time to make "civilized progress", they could have surpassed the Earth humans eventually in technology and societal evolution.  Just an interesting afterthought ....

So don't tell offer them a place on Earth cause Earth might be destroyed. That sounds much to pessimistic for Star Trek in my opinion. By that logic, everyone on earth should evacuate just in case. Humans could live like the el aurians...

Nah... I think Archer is still optimistic that Earth will survive in the long run.

Sign in to follow this