Sign in to follow this  
therabidirishman

The Unofficial Pro Wrestling Topic

I thought I'd start this topic,so we could have a pro wrestling thread that was not called "why I hate Bret Hart"...since I've been a huge Hitman fan all my life.

Bret was still a member of the Hart Foundation under the management of Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Hart when I first remember watching wrestling.Wow,I couldn't have been much more than 6 or 7 years old :huh: (time sure flies when your having fun,eh?).IMO,and a lot of people will disagree,The Hart Foundation was probably the best damn tag team ever.I'm not saying they couldn't be beaten,but I am saying that on any given night the Anvil and the Hitman could have beaten anyone else.

I was elated when Bret became world champion.I was disappointed when his heel turn took on an anti-american theme (which was just the storyline,not real animosity toward americans.His mother was an american,afterall),as I thought the USA Vs Canada feud was lame,though it did create some spectacular matches.

I still try and keep up with the industry,which wasn't easy as I had no cable (couldn't afford to keep it with school expenses),and now I've got no television to boot :wow: (lol).But I have a computer again,so at least I can check out the pro wrestling sites from time-to-time.

I think Vince McMahon did a lot to elevate the sport in the 80's and early 90's.But I also think he is responsible for a lot of the bad things that have happened to the sport as well.My opinion of him as a fan,is that he is a bit more devil than angel.Still,I suppose on some level I should be grateful for his contributions to the sport. :huh:

Most of my favorite modern-era stars have been Canadians...Edge,Chris Jericho,Val Venis,Chris Benoit,Lance Storm...you can almost tell which guy was trained in the infamous "dungeon",because they are so technically sound in the ring.

I thought Kurt Angle was going to be the industry's biggest name in this new century,but unfortunately he's injury prone.Maybe Brock Lesner will suceed him,but I doubt it.I'm looking for the next big star again.

As for the ladies,I really,Really wish Vince would let them be wrestlers instead of eye candy.Amy Dumas,and many of the other Diva's are sound wrestlers capable of performing near the level of the men.American women's wrestling is a joke.It shouldn't be,we have the best there are.

Well,that's enough rambling for now.Hope to see a lot of replies posted on this topic.Later! :huh:

Edited by therabidirishman

Stardate:213853.6

I became a fan of wrestling back when Stone Cold Steve Austin won his first King of the Ring back in 96.I was hooked instantly and Austin became my favorite.Other stars I loved where the Undertaker(the real undertaker not the Biker guy they have now he doesnt deserved to be called Taker anymore :huh: )Rocky Miavia(he was still in the NOD at the time) the Hart foundation and DGeneration X which included the best tag team ever IMHO the Outlaws.

For a while wrestling ruled my world both WWF and WCW.but then in about 99 WCW started to die and i stopped watching it.Every single monday and thursday i watched the WWF without missing a beat.

Then Vince bought WCW and shut it down,stripped it of its most talented wrestlers and shipped the rest down the drain.That right there signed the death certificate for the WWF( I will not call it WWE).The reason they thrived so well was because of the competition (WCW and maybe ECW).Well when they bought WCW they killed the competition and the need to do better died.Things started to go downhill enough to where some wrestlers quit even Austin(BTW that was real not Story line).The Rock became an actor and it looked like the industry was gonna die.Then Vince finally got Austin to come back and brought back alot of old wrestlers including Hulk Hogan,Roddy Roddy Piper, and Sable.And for a while it looked like it was gonnna do alright.

But the show got progressivly worse and worse.Last year i decided i had enough and slowly but surely stopped watching it alltogether.

The WWF is losing more and more fans every day according to ratings.I predict that the World Wrestling Federation won't even be on Tv by the Year 2010.Who is to blame for this you ask.Vince Mchmahon.

I've Been Watching Wrestling Since Just Before The 1990 Or 1991 Royal Rumble.

Undertaker's Always Been A Favorite Of Mine...Even As A Heel.

Bret Hart Was Also A Favorite...Even As A Heel.

I'd Say More...But I'm Babysitting, lol