Sign in to follow this  
archerfan

"Drone"

I don't know if it's just me, but I was really touched by the "Drone" episode last night. I have seen it before and I can't remember how I reacted to it then but since then I have had a baby (which can make you over emotional anyway) and I was deeply saddened by sevens loss of her "baby" drone One. It was really cute how One was so attached to her and followed her around. He really wanted to do good for the crew. I thought the acting on behalf of Jeri Ryan was excellent. She really looked torn up inside when One refused to get treatment for his injuries. I think it would have been cool if One would of stayed a part of Voyagers crew. I think that is now one of my fav 7 of 9 episodes and of season 5.

Stardate:213860.9

Yeh that was a great episode.I agree though with One's decision to to what he did.Can you imagine what would of happended if the borg got ahold of him and assimilated that 29th century technology!! :huh: That would of been it.There would of been no stopping the borg!

That is very true...In the beginning if the episode I seriously questioned Janeways decision to let the Drone mature at all. Verrrrry risky...

It is a long time since I saw it, but I liked that episode, though it was very sad at the end.... :huh: :huh:

:wow:

This was a very good episode, I may have to pull this DVD out soon.

The actor that played One, J. Paul Boehmer also played in "The Killing Game I&II" as Kapitan and in the Enterprise epidose "Carbon Creek" as Mestral.

He may have been in other episodes of the various series but those are the only 3 that I can think of at the moment.

I liked this episode, but their was one thing that severely bothered me.

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

I will concede that it MIGHT have been possible for some borg nanites combined with the doctors holo transmitter could form a borg... something...

But I find the odds that it would decide to grab someones D.N.A. and create a single drone, and not equip that drone with the proper equipment to be part of the collective from birth, highly unlikely.

FURTHERMORE, I will concede that the adaptive borg technology would be able to use the metallic structure of the portable emitter to design a better armor, but everything else about him was B.S.

If you got a book from the future, say this book is an intense examination on rocks, it may contain things you didn't know about before, but a book on ROCKS won't give you information on INTERNAL TRANSPORTER NODES!?!?!

I just couldn't look past this painful problem.