Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

I have never seen an episode of DS9. Truely Sad.

One sad fact I have had to live with is that I have never seen even 1 episode of Deep Space Nine. I wish they would play them on TV, but Spike TV is the only station I've heard of that might, but I still would have to wait until 2004. If I were to see a DS9 episode I would think I was dreaming.:thumbs: Can anyone tell me what it is like?

I am in the same boat. I haven't seen but snippets of DS9 and have been hoping for it to be on T.V. soon. I will be sure to post about it if I see it on T.V.

Hmmm, tell you what DS9 is like. I can tell you what it's like to me, to me it's the best Trek series they made.

It has everything you could want in Star Trek and more, it's not always complete at the end of one episode. The universe seems more real, there's crime there's murder, there's a "mafia" with the "Orion Syndicate". It's gritty, it's exciting, it's just an awesome series.

We get to see a different world in Trek with the Ferengi and with Quark specifically. We get to share in his adventures to skirt the law and we also get to sit in the security office while Odo tries to figure out how to catch Quark and throw him in a holding cell. We get to see an adolescent petty criminal named Nog meet a Hu-Mon boy and become great friends despite their father's and their culture's objections, then that same adolescent petty criminal begins to greatly look up to the Hu-Mon Captain and decides he wants to emulate him and join Starfleet to become the first of his race to do so.

There is so much character development in DS9 that I could write paragraphs and paragraphs about each. But also, everyone knows that I have a bias towards DS9 :thumbs:

There is so much character development in DS9 that I could write paragraphs and paragraphs about each. But also, everyone knows that I have a bias towards DS9  :blink:

I Know How You Feel :thumbs:

VA Beach Guy pretty much said everything,Captain Holland.

In my opinion,it is the best of all the Trek series.(where's the movie?)

I'm sure your going to love it when you do see it.

Hmmm, tell you what DS9 is like. I can tell you what it's like to me, to me it's the best Trek series they made.

It has everything you could want in Star Trek and more, it's not always complete at the end of one episode. The universe seems more real, there's crime there's murder, there's a "mafia" with the "Orion Syndicate". It's gritty, it's exciting, it's just an awesome series.

We get to see a different world in Trek with the Ferengi and with Quark specifically. We get to share in his adventures to skirt the law and we also get to sit in the security office while Odo tries to figure out how to catch Quark and throw him in a holding cell. We get to see an adolescent petty criminal named Nog meet a Hu-Mon boy and become great friends despite their father's and their culture's objections, then that same adolescent petty criminal begins to greatly look up to the Hu-Mon Captain and decides he wants to emulate him and join Starfleet to become the first of his race to do so.

There is so much character development in DS9 that I could write paragraphs and paragraphs about each. But also, everyone knows that I have a bias towards DS9  :thumbs:

Thanks VaBeachGuy, I want to see it even more now. Never knew there was a Mafia, always been interested in Mafia movies, stories, stuff like that. I would like to go to the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas to see Quark's Bar and all the other stuff.

Edited by Captain Holland

There is so much character development in DS9 that I could write paragraphs and paragraphs about each. But also, everyone knows that I have a bias towards DS9  :thumbs:

Thanks VaBeachGuy, I want to see it even more now. Never knew there was a Mafia, always been interested in Mafia movies, stories, stuff like that. I would like to go to the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas to see Quark's Bar and all the other stuff.

Here's an episode Spotlight I did on the Orion Syndicate:

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=5028

Here's an episode Spotlight I did on the Orion Syndicate:

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=5028

Cool.