Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Kazon

I thought they had really bad hair. :thumbs:

That thing on their heads was hair?I thought they were some type of bizarre hats or something. :blink:

Wow.I'd hate to have to take a comb through THAT mess....

I thought the Kazon were pretty cool,as far as minor villains go.I tried to sympathize with them,because they had been brutalized by the Trabe,but I could never find anything redeeming in them.I mean,as soon as they overthrew their oppressors,they immediately turned on each other!

I was also a bit disappointed in their appearance.I thought they were going to be like the animated series' Kzinti,cat-aliens.That would've been much cooler,IMO.I've said it once,and I'll say it again,Trek has too many danged human-looking species.Other sci-fi shows with just as tight a budget have great alien FX,so I don't believe Trek when it blames budget concerns for not having better looking aliens.

To me the Kazon were like "Klingon Lite" (that is, :thumbs: if Trek species were brands of beer).I didn't particularly care for them from the get go.

As far as headline villains go (and that first season or so,they were the featured headliner baddies),they brought little to the table.I was thrilled when Voyager left Kazon space and moved into parts unknown,because I knew better villains HAD to be around the corner.

Hated the Kazon.A very weak,pathetic attempt at principle villains.The Kazon just never worked for me.

Now TNG's Pakleds...whoa,doggy,those were VILLAINS!

:thumbs:

Am I the only one who likes the Kazon? :thumbs:

Guess so, CJLP. In comparison with other Trek villains, such as the Klingons, who have honor, the mysterious Romulans and the Borg with their attitude, they were a poor excuse for a good villain.

And then there's that hair thing. :blink:

the Borg with their attitude

Good said, they got some attitude, alright! :blink: :bow:

About the Kazons, I do not like them so much, they're alright, but..... :) :thumbs:

:bow:

Edited by 3 of 7

It's been a while but I do remember when watching VOY first run episodes, I got tired of the Kazons empty threats against Janeway and Co. I also remember thinking the Kazon area of space was tooo large, I became anxious for VOY to move on to new and better things.

My feelings for them might change after I start watching the DVDs when released but as it stands right now, I'm not looking forward to seeing them again (except for one sentence said by a Kazon leader in Caretaker: You have made an enemy today.)

I wonder if they are smart (or stupid) enough to cross the galaxy looking for Janeway to try and make good on that promise? (movie idea?)

They are an interesting example of giving warp tech to prewarp race.

The Kazons we're prewarp slaves to a warp race, after the Kazon's took over & take their captor's ships see what they do with it, :P

that's what the Directive is trying to prevent from happening in the Alpha Q.

& that's why Star Wars got so much bad vibes all around, they got too much primitive species with high tech.

In other words, they made contacts when those races aren't ready. So most they think is money, killing, bullying, etc. That's why they need Jedis to police them.

:rofl: