Sign in to follow this  
Sirius

U.S. Baseball team not going to Olympics

The United States baseball team has been eliminated from the '04 Athens Olympics,after losing to previously winless Mexico in the America's qualifying match.(how does a winless team make it into a qualifying match?).

Now,the gold medla in baseball will be contested between Italy,Spain,Korea,and Cuba.I am so proud of our boys (most of them professionals) :o

Edited by Sirius

Man,that's bad.

Unfortunately,I think,the Olympics' prestige has suffered in the past 20-years or so,what with all the scandals over drug-enhanced performances,and questionable actions by the Olympic Committee members and judges.A lot of our professional athletes just don't care about playing in the Olympics.They won't get paid and may injure themselves.They'd only be playing for national pride.And as far as they are concerned,where is the incentive in that?

Also,the majority of pro ball players on the US team were almost the dregs of the minor league system.I'm not saying those guys are bad players,just that its not like we had Clemens pitching for us,or Pudge Rodriguez batting and catching.

This sucks.

I guess the Olympic Chairman ought to give Cuba the gold now and be done with it.

Stardate:213855.6

Oh woop de doo.

Its not like they beat the best we had.Like was said above all of those players are basicly Rookie-A and AA level minor leaugers.

It's a travesity, :huh: I equate it to having hockey with out Canadians. Even though they weren't our best players there is nothing more American than baseball.