Sign in to follow this  
Red Shirt Volunteer

Nominate a song

There's been a lot of talk about the theme song already. Some love it. Some hate it. Personally, I liked the first one and thought that it matched the spirit of the show quite well. I don't mind the new version (let's face it, it's basically the same thing), but I'm not sure the more upbeat sound fits with the journey into the dreaded expanse.

My question is: If you had to choose a song for the show, which one would you use? Please do not say an instrumental, "Where My Hear Will Take Me" or something along those lines. Choose a modern song that you think would work well as an introduction (or at least give us a laugh). Obviously it would have to be an abbreviated version of the song to fit into the time allotted for credits, but I'm sure most of us can account for that.

I had a few in mind (obviously these represent my taste in music to some degree):

"Parallel Universe" (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

"Fly Away" (Lenny Kravitz)

"Supersatellite" (Our Lady Peace)

"2000 Light Years from Home" (The Rolling Stones - skip the long intro)

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

I suppose Kravitz's Fly Away.I've actually heard that one...

I prefer jazz,big band,and swing.I'm listening to Sammy Davis Jr right now..Now that's music! :o

Kravitz is great,too.I think he's underated as a songwriter and a performer.He's a rare gem,nowadays,floating as he is in a sea of boy bands and bubblegum.

It's a hypothetical question. I blundered on the name in the original post, but the current song is not an option. Don't say "Where My Heart Will Take Me" because it wasn't exactly a song a lot of us would've known before Ent. began.

Choose whatever song you think would fit, not necessarily one from my list. Those were just some that sprung to mind. I'm not suggesting the theme needs changing. As I already said, I think it works, though the new one is a little too upbeat. The question is simply: If you had been the person responsible for choosng the song, which one would you have used?

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

Just about anything from Devo.

Maybe,"Beautiful World" could remind everyone what the Enterprise is trying to protect from the Xindi?

Devo! :o

First I have to say that I loved the original theme song. I never missed the beginning because I loved to listen to it on my stereo. However if I had to choose another song I would choose " Wherever you will go" by The Calling. This was the song that was played in all the promos for Broken Bow. I've always liked it. It really got me pumped for the new series and I was disappointed when it wasn't used in the premiere.

First I have to say that I loved the original theme song. I never missed the beginning because I loved to listen to it on my stereo.  However if I had to choose another song I would choose " Wherever you will go" by The Calling. This was the song that was played in all the promos for Broken Bow. I've always liked it. It really got me pumped for the new series and I was disappointed when it wasn't used in the premiere.

Wow...you just completely read my mind.

I second this notion.

I am one of the minority that just hated the theme song it should never have been a song that had words in it unless it was a prolong like "space the final frontier" IMO it should have been something from jerry goldsmith or some other star trek composer I would have loved to here what james horner would have thought up.

Like just about everyone else that has posted a reply,I too,love the original version of Enterprise's theme.I don't really care about the new version.Its still a great theme song.

But,since this topic is about an alternative theme,I suppose I'll nominate Elton john's "Rocket Man".I love Elton John.

This might be more appropriate for a Klingon series,but I'd like to see Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg take the theme and flip it gangsta style.Know what I mean?Then the shizzle would be off the trekizzle,dog!

:thumbs: Just kidding.