Got a movie that you're not sure what genre it goes in? Come here and ask away!

I'd like to start off by asking if you think Back to the Future - The Trilogy is action-adventure or comedy? I've decided to categorize my movies by genre, instead of alphabetically, and I'm not sure where to place BTTF.

I would say comedy,too.That is,if your certain that you don't want them in sci-fi.That's where I would place them.

It is difficult,though.Kind of like Eight-Legged Freaks.Its very funny at times,but is also horrific,and action-oriented.The same is true for Tremors.

I also keep my DVD's in genre order (although,like you,I started them off in alphabetical order :o ).

IMDB has Back to the Future listed as being these genres:

Family / Adventure / Comedy / Sci-Fi

Take your pick.

We are sticking to alphabetical order no matter how many different genres we accumulate; it's just easier that way. :o Except for Trek of course, they have their own shrine! :o

I've often wondered that myself. I think one could consider them to be family movies. Family movies tend to have a good blend of everything while being appropriate for any audience. The only catch with these movies is that they might be more enjoyable for an older audience. Most family movies should be called children movies, but not these movies if they do in fact fall under the family genre.

Perhaps you should create a genre section on your shelf for any movie that is hard to catagorize?

Edited by Commander Bolivar