Sign in to follow this  
first_redneck_in_space

A question about Trills

Okay.This popped into my head late last night.Just kind of came out of left field,but once I started thinking about it,it just stuck in my brain and wouldn't shake loose.So here goes:

If a Trill had a child and raised that child to maturity,and then died...and the symbiont was placed into a new Trill host that knew neither the prior host or that host's offspring,and somewhere down the line met,fell in love with,and married that other host's child,would that be incest?

Gross subject,I know.But I'm curious as to what the answer would be.I can't really say,as I can form a pretty good argument,either way.

What are your thoughts?

Well, let's do a what-if scenarrio.

Jadzia Dax & Worf have a baby and call it Kal-el. :o

Kal-el and Ezri Dax (becuase Jadzia died) get together and become a couple.

The way I see it, "Jadzia" would be the mother of Kal-el, not Dax. Also, each time Dax joins with a host, a new personallity rises from the 2 blended personallities. So, I don't think the symbiont would have any relation to it's hosts offspring, however, becuase of the memories, it'd be far too wierd for a joined Trill to fall in love with a previous hosts child. :o

I don't think such a scenario could happen. A symbiont is in the Trill host until the host dies and is given a new host. The symbiont brings with "it" all of the memories of a lifetime with all of its hosts. The new Trill host would therefore know about the child. If a symbiont met the offspring years later and the offspring was now a host as well then the symbiont wouldn't be falling in love with the offspring but with the symbiont.

I can't see a Trill having a child and raising the child to maturity before being chosen to become a host. I'm not sure if that Trill would be accepted into the hosting program.

Well, let's do a what-if scenarrio.

Jadzia Dax & Worf have a baby and call it Kal-el. :o

Kal-el and Ezri Dax (becuase Jadzia died) get together and become a couple.

The way I see it, "Jadzia" would be the mother of Kal-el, not Dax.  Also, each time Dax joins with a host, a new personallity rises from the 2 blended personallities.  So, I don't think the symbiont would have any relation to it's hosts offspring, however, becuase of the memories, it'd be far too wierd for a joined Trill to fall in love with a previous hosts child. :o

Yeah,Captain.That was pretty much my feelings on the thing.

I wasn't sure to what extint the memories of previous hosts stay fresh in the mind of the new host.Actually,what got me to wondering about that was Julian Bashir's predestination paradox,when he met and fell for Crewman Watley (his great-great grandmother or something) in "Trials and Tribbleations".I took that scenario,flipped it and applied it to Trills.

Well techincally Ezri isn't even allowed to have relations with Worf because Jadzia did. To me that sounds a lot less worse than the scenario you just described, so I'm guessing that the trill community would frown on your idea to an extreme. Just a guess though.