Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Bonus Treks On Tnn

This week's time travel bonus treks are "Relics" and "Cause and Effect". I'm really looking forward to this. I like both episodes but "Cause and Effect" is one of my daughter's favourites.

I enjoyed "Relics" but I do not consider it a Time Travel episode. Scotty was saved in Transporter beam for 75 years. That is not really Time Travel. That is just being suspended.

I like Cause and Effect too.. They should do Timescape or something like that.. Plus they just recently showed Times Arrow that was a good time ep.. :)

all hail Bev!! :)

I love Cause and Effect, but I have it on DVD, so I can watch it any time anyway. Relics was good the first time, but it's getting a little (just a little) boring.

The next bonus treks are Ferengi eps... they are showing "Peak Performance" and "Suspicions" I was hoping they would show "Rascals" or something... while I like suspicions(I mean come on its a Bev ep what do you expect :tear: ) but the Ferengi scientist dies... what does every one else think..

all hail Bev!! :D

I think they could have done better than choosing Peak Performance. I think The Battle, Bloodlines (the 2 Daimon Bok episodes) or Menage A Troi would have been better choices. We did learn a lot in Suspicions - like Ferengi scientist isn't an oxymoron after all! :tear:

This week's time travel bonus treks are "Relics" and "Cause and Effect".  I'm really looking forward to this.  I like both episodes but "Cause and Effect" is one of my daughter's favourites.

I am hoping that because now they are going for "Trek uncut" on friday nights that they will add some two parters (Like maybe next month have Best of Both Worlds, Chain of Command, Times Arrow, or maybe Redemption) to the mix of uncut.

Of course this is all irrelevent because I can watch these episodes anytime on DVD, but for those who don't have the DVD's it would be night. :tear:

I really liked suspicions (never seen the other one, though, so I can't wait till tomorrow. THere are very few TNG epiosdes left I haven't seen), but it was eally sad that the scientist dies. I felt so sorry for him the entire time, and he could have been a good character, too (I'll just believe they find some temporal anomaly that brings him back lalala. I can believe whatever I want!)

This week's time travel bonus treks are "Relics" and "Cause and Effect".  I'm really looking forward to this.  I like both episodes but "Cause and Effect" is one of my daughter's favourites.

I am hoping that because now they are going for "Trek uncut" on friday nights that they will add some two parters (Like maybe next month have Best of Both Worlds, Chain of Command, Times Arrow, or maybe Redemption) to the mix of uncut.

Of course this is all irrelevent because I can watch these episodes anytime on DVD, but for those who don't have the DVD's it would be night. ;)

I've seen advertisements for this "Trek Uncut," and I've watched a few... but... what's the uncut part mean?

It means that they dont cut out any part of the episode. When showing re-runs, some parts are often cut out so there is more time for money making adds (disgusting. Depriving us of our Trek for adds people don't even watch ;))

What do you mean, Alterego?

oh, no. They're doing Riker this Friday (I love the trombone scene with Troi they've been showing to advertise it! "I think this is a much better means of communication for you" and then his "sod off" on the trombone...;) - I say sod off cuz nothing else execpt shut up and f*** you could fit, and I don';t think thats quite what he was saying either....)

Friday on TNN they are running Icarus Factor, Frame of Mind and Second Chances and don't forget there is a marathon on this Sunday featuring Tin Man, The Wounded, The Masterpiece Society, Imaginary Friend and Rascals. Enjoy!!

TIN MAN! YEA! Has anyone else ever wondered if there was some kind of connection between Tin Man and that Life form Decker and Ilia/Vegr metamorphasized into?

Stop that Alterego! I was about to celebrate the showing of Tin Man! :D

Never seen the wounded...(and you know what that means...). So YAY for that! Ha I said it first for once, lol

(Just don't like seeming like I'm copying)

:D

The Wounded is an episode, the first time I saw it, I thought it had to be the worst most boring episode of NG I had ever seen. Along comes the box-sets and we, determined to get our moneys worth sat down and watched it in crystal clear picture, 5.1 Dolby digital surround sound with NO commercials, well guess what? You guessed it... :D

The Wounded is from season 4 and I think it can best be described as an O'Brien episode. It featured the Cardassians. Here's a link to the synopsis:

The Wounded

I didn't know O'Brien got any actual "episodes" (the only one I saw that could KIND of count was power play...). YAY! My brother wil sure be happy :D

It means that they dont cut  out any part of the episode. When showing re-runs, some parts are often cut out so there is more time for money making adds (disgusting. Depriving us of our Trek for adds people don't even watch :P)

What do you mean, Alterego?

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks. I feel cheated now. ^-^ Hah, oh well.

np, ensign_beedrill. I know. I was pretty annoyed when I found out too...I guess that's what box sets are for...(although they sure are a lot more expensive)

np, ensign_beedrill. I know. I was pretty annoyed when I found out too...I guess that's what box sets are for...(although they sure are a lot more expensive)

Yes, they are expensive but if you love TNG, they are worth it. Besides, 7 disks, 26 episodes per season (22 in season 2) I don't think they were that expensive.

I guess its all about your level of devotion and your ability to scrape together the cash. After all, you can want them more then anything, but if you have no job or just too many other bills, it is not possible (sadly)

But i liked the lay-away at Walmart idea that on of the guys posted a while back...was it Alterego? cant remember, but it was a great idea. :D

There were a few episodes you could call O'Brien episodes. His character didn't really take root till DS9 though. I think moving him to DS9 was a great move for the show and the character.

But i liked the lay-away at Walmart idea that on of the guys posted a while back...was it Alterego? cant remember, but it was a great idea.  :D

No, I was the one chirping about reserving at Suncoast, then saving 2 dollars a day from your daily budget until you have it saved up, then go get it. Works for me, I reserved DS9 season 3 on April 2, I already have about $50 smakkers saved for it.

the next trek uncut are Geordi eps.. they will be showing "The Next Phase" and "The Quality of Life" (I think) they may end up changing it so don't take my word for it check st.com I can't wait till they get around to Bev eps.. :D

all hail Bev!! :D

the next trek uncut are Geordi eps..  they will be showing "The Next Phase" and "The Quality of Life" (I think) they may end up changing it so don't take my word for it check st.com  I can't wait till they get around to Bev eps.. :D

all hail Bev!!  :D

Hopfully if they do get to bev, one of the episodes they will show is "Remember me." That is a great great uncut episode and her best performance of the series IMO.