Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Janeway And Love

In the episode "Resolutions," Captain Janeway and Chakotay are forced into exile on a planet, because they've contracted a deadly virus. While on the planet a touch of intimacy is brought into the relationship between the two. But as the plot develops and the two return to the ship, they resume their traditional relationship.......We all know that Chakotay and Seven eventually fall in love. And the development of the relationship between those two was fascinating and totally unexpected( at least not by me), especially since I remember the first drama between them in the episode "Scorpion part 2."...............While I have no problem with the relationship as it developed between Seven and Chakotay, I'd always hoped that eventually he and Captain Janeway would grow closer together in a more romantic way. But I guess as with captains in previous series.....a permanent romance was just deemed not appropriate for one in a captain's position........WISHFUL THINKING!!! :devil:

I feel exactly the same way. Ever since about Season 3 I wanted to see Chakotay and Janeway get together, in fact, I always expected they would. Especially after the episode in which Janeway finds out her finance had moved on (I forget what it was called)...

I agree with you on that. I went to the creations convention a few months back and Malgrew had a few things to say about the janeway relationships. first off she said that the janeway and first officer romance was in the script but she fought to change that. she said no 14-25 year old male fan wants to see their "mother" having RELATIONS on a ship. oh and besides janeway always has the hollodeck haha!!!!! ttfn all. :)

Janeway had such Morals. If that had been me stuck there!..well...I never want to see a Capt-1st officer relationship..Just dosen't fit for me.

Ever since I started WATCHING I wanted Janeway and Chakotay together! They were PERFECT for each other!! 7 should have ended up with the Doctor! THEY were perfect too! (both so darn annoying...sorry. but even ignoring the annoyingness they worked!)

Seven and the Doctor definitely had a very interesting relationship. While I know he certainly admitted having intimate thoughts about her from time to time; he to her was more like a counselor. :wub:

Ya, she's got Micheal Sullivan to fill her empty space. 

:wub: :bow: :wub: :laugh:

*Clears Throught*

Anyways...I think the two stayed close to a point. After "Resolutions", They were on First name Basis and I think they were as close as they could get without getting Romantic.

Seven and the Doctor definitely had a very interesting relationship.  While I know he certainly admitted having intimate  thoughts about her from time to time; he to her was more like a counselor. :wub:

Do you remember his professing his love for 7 in the episode where he thought his program was corrupted and he was going to disappear. He made confessions to half the crew and then B'Elanna fixed the problem.

its and old but true story...nice guys come in last... the Doc just didnt have the "balls" to close the deal with seven... ethically he cant because he is her mentor and physician...but common if he felt that strongly he shoulda said something sooner .. not as a deathbed confession

Seven and the Doctor definitely had a very interesting relationship.  While I know he certainly admitted having intimate  thoughts about her from time to time; he to her was more like a counselor. :look:

Do you remember his professing his love for 7 in the episode where he thought his program was corrupted and he was going to disappear. He made confessions to half the crew and then B'Elanna fixed theproblem.

Yes, I remember this episode quite well. It was very funny listening to all of his confessions........only to experience his embarrassment later when he learned that he was going to be alright........I really miss the Voyager characters. But in my heart I know that Seven never felt the same way about the Doctor as he felt about her. :laugh:

The way things were, 7 certainly never felt that way towards the doctor, but I always felt it would be very easy and believable for the writers to make her.

Seven and the Doctor definitely had a very interesting relationship.  While I know he certainly admitted having intimate  thoughts about her from time to time; he to her was more like a counselor. :(

Do you remember his professing his love for 7 in the episode where he thought his program was corrupted and he was going to disappear. He made confessions to half the crew and then B'Elanna fixed theproblem.

Yes, I remember this episode quite well. It was very funny listening to all of his confessions........only to experience his embarrassment later when he learned that he was going to be alright........I really miss the Voyager characters. But in my heart I know that Seven never felt the same way about the Doctor as he felt about her. :innocent:

Episode: Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy

Hey, I think it would be killer if Janeway and Q really got hitched... Maybe in a future movie... hehehe

Ahane Falzon, if you responded saying Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy to the episode Takara and Gotabite were referring to, you are mistaken. That episode is Rennaisance Man.

The Janeway/Chakotay thing is not something I pay attention to.

Janeway and Q? Thats just wrong.

Janeway and Q? Thats just wrong.

Why do people object to this, remember the episode where Janeway and Q were in the Q civil war reinactment. If she really didnt care for him she would let him die, well... that is a bit too harsh, but I think that she did have feelings for him

There are plenty of both GUY and GIRL friends that I have that I don't LIKE in THAT way but would not let die! Heck, I wouldn't let my enemies die, so I don't think that necessarily had anything to do with it.

I think in the "Q and the Grey" janeway thought that if the Q fought, it may mean havoc in our worlds too. I think that was her motive for helping and not love or lust.

I think Janeway helped Q for 2 reasons: She wanted to prevent super novas in our galaxy, plus she saw that Q was a revelutionist, thus, part of her wanted to help him in that sense.

NOTE TO AHANE: Ya don't let someone die becuase ya don't like them. That's... That's just not right! :innocent:

I think Janeway helped Q for 2 reasons: She wanted to prevent super novas in our galaxy, plus she saw that Q was a revelutionist, thus, part of her wanted to help him in that sense.

NOTE TO AHANE: Ya don't let someone die becuase ya don't like them.  That's...  That's just not right! :laugh:

I would agree that you don't let someone die because you don't like them. I also never saw any romantic interest from Janeway towards Q. I always viewed their relationship as more of a friendship. Janeway however, showed us many times that her need for love was no less than anyone else on Voyager. I think the last romantic encounter she had was during season 7 in the two part episode called Work Force. But as I said before I believe for some reason the "script" for Star Trek captains, unlike other members on star ships is..........not to have a romantic relationship that works. :dude:

NOTE TO AHANE: Ya don't let someone die becuase ya don't like them.  That's...  That's just not right! :laugh:

I would agree that you don't let someone die because you don't like them. I also never saw any romantic interest from Janeway towards Q. I always viewed their relationship as more of a friendship. Janeway however, showed us many times that her need for love was no less than anyone else on Voyager. I think the last romantic encounter she had was during season 7 in the two part episode called Work Force. But as I said before I believe for some reason the "script" for Star Trek captains, unlike other members on star ships is..........not to have a romantic relationship that works. :dude:

Sorry about the letting enemies die thing; that was wrong. I think that Janeway's last romance with that guy in 'Workforce' did her in because she seemed in love with him. But Alas, it was a fake love drawn by neuro medication.

I too would have liked to see a Janeway relationship, but that would be against regs on fraternization. If the captain becomes romantically involved with a member of her crew it gives her biased judgement. I think her and Chakotay would have made a great pair though. An Seven should have hooked up with Kim. :(

Of all of the captains and their given situations, Janeway was the one, powerful stories about her dealing with the predicament her crew was in could have been written about. Instead they chose to make her an ironclad personality and hardly ever did we see we her as a Human. Amazing, now I understand writing her perfect in every way speaks volumes about the inner strength of the character but imo, I would have liked to see her find someone she could have cried on the shoulder of. As I write this, I am noticing in myself a growing sense of respect for her, hmmm, I am becoming anxious for the DVD to revisit this series and search for the depth within it I must have missed when it was first airing.

NOTE TO AHANE: Ya don't let someone die becuase ya don't like them.  That's...  That's just not right! B)

I would agree that you don't let someone die because you don't like them. I also never saw any romantic interest from Janeway towards Q. I always viewed their relationship as more of a friendship. Janeway however, showed us many times that her need for love was no less than anyone else on Voyager. I think the last romantic encounter she had was during season 7 in the two part episode called Work Force. But as I said before I believe for some reason the "script" for Star Trek captains, unlike other members on star ships is..........not to have a romantic relationship that works. B)

Sorry about the letting enemies die thing; that was wrong. I think that Janeway's last romance with that guy in 'Workforce' did her in because she seemed in love with him. But Alas, it was a fake love drawn by neuro medication.

It's okay Lt. Commander......but I do agree with you that her last romance on "Workforce" must have taken a lot out of her. :(

Could Janeway have borrowed the Doctor's portable emitterand taken her Irish fancy piece back to her room? If you could make more portable emitters then I wonder if you could design your ideal man and then take him home with you. A sex slave as it were. :o

Could Janeway have borrowed the Doctor's portable emitterand taken her Irish fancy piece back to her room? If you could make more portable emitters then I wonder if you could design your ideal man and then take him home with you. A sex slave as it were. :o

:o :o :laugh:

:o to you for thinking of something like that! The possibilities are endless....

Call me old fashioned, but wether they be organic, mineral, or photons... :laugh: I'd rather be friends, date, propose, then marry. :o

Call me old fashioned, but wether they be organic, mineral, or photons... :laugh: I'd rather be friends, date, propose, then marry. :laugh:

Not old-fasioned at all! Same here!

Ever since I started WATCHING I wanted Janeway and Chakotay together! They were PERFECT for each other!! 7 should have ended up with the Doctor! THEY were perfect too! (both so darn annoying...sorry. but even ignoring the annoyingness they worked!)

Thank you! :)

My thoughts exactly!

The doc and Seven could have both learned together, but no...she has to get Chakotay. He's what, 40 something, and she's 25? *makes a face* They don't work.

*hopes the producers fix their mistake with a movie*

*hopes really hard*

They'd better!! And it would be so easy too - The future was changed because they got back in only 7 years instead of 23, so C and 7 realised that they were both meant for other people and everyone lived happily ever after and no one died as a result of catapults set off by angry trekkies.