Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Star Trek: Discovery Sets Premiere Date

thumb_597afec8a4d8fc500cd428dc7808ded325

The latest chapter in the Star Trek saga has its premiere date -- with the 15-episode season set to be released in two chapters. Read below for specifics.

U.S. Schedule

Star Trek: Discovery will launch in the U.S. on Sunday, September 24 with a broadcast premiere that night on the CBS Television Network airing at 8:30-9:30 PM, ET/PT (time approximate following NFL Football and 60 Minutes). The series premiere will also be available on-demand on CBS All Access and the second episode of the series will be available on the service that same night immediately following the broadcast premiere.

After premiere night, all new episodes will be available on-demand weekly on Sundays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in the U.S. The 15-episode season will be released in two chapters. The first eight episodes will run from Sunday, Sept. 24 through Sunday, Nov. 5. The season will then resume with the second chapter debuting in January 2018.

Canada Schedule

Space Channel will launch the first two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery on Sunday, September 24 at 8:30 PM ET. The first eight episodes will run from Sunday, September 24 through Sunday, November 5. The season will then resume with the second chapter in January 2018. Every episode will also be available to Space subscribers on the newly launched Space GO app, in addition to being available on Space.ca and participating On Demand channels. Star Trek: Discovery will also stream exclusively in Canada on CraveTV, with full scheduling details to be released in the coming weeks.

Rest of the World Schedule

Netflix will launch Star Trek: Discovery on Monday, September 25 to countries outside of the U.S. and Canada. The first eight episodes will run from Monday, September 25 through Monday, November 6 with the second chapter in January 2018.

Inset_disc.jpg 
Star Trek: Discovery will follow the voyages of Starfleet on their missions to discover new worlds and new lifeforms, and one Starfleet officer who must learn that to truly understand all things alien, you must first understand yourself. The series will feature a new ship, new characters and new missions, while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation of dreamers and doers.

View the full article

1 hour ago, Æ said:

I am not happy with the Sunday release, :frusty: Sunday is football night!

I forgot about that! Good thing I can't afford to pay for it.

I am not happy that for the first time, US viewers have to pay for a televised version of Star Trek, ,while the rest of the world gets to see it on at least some platform for free! Not sure if I will be watching beyond the first free episode. And I LOVE Star Trek!

22 hours ago, trekz said:

I am not happy that for the first time, US viewers have to pay for a televised version of Star Trek, ,while the rest of the world gets to see it on at least some platform for free! Not sure if I will be watching beyond the first free episode. And I LOVE Star Trek!

WHAT:jaw: the rest of the world gets it free!

A total money grab by CBS, pure and simple. CBS will be profiting hand over fist. 

However, imo, there may be silver linings. CBS has claimed Discovery is already paid for, mostly from the International Netflix deal, it is already a financial success. So long as Netflix is happy with Discovery they will likely continue pumping cash into CBS's coffers for the continued production of Star Trek - a very good thing for the future of Trek imo. 

So while our needing to pay does suck I take comfort in the possibility of all this leading to even more new Star Trek being produced.  

Am I only dreaming? Nick Myers hints of developing new secret Trek project. This deal is already opening doors for new Trek productions so $6 bucks a month seems a small price to pay towards a future filled with new Trek.