Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Random Questions

No I do not think it is to big, in fact IT ROCKS! however, if the intent of it is to start a "size war" then I am against it.

I am beginning to see thinly veiled attempts at friendly rivalries coupled with a sharp increase in members taking potshots at each other.

I have received PM’s asking me if I am just going to sit back and watch this site slowly become another st.com shudders at the thought, and the answer is no, that is not what I would wish to see happen here but based on talk VBG and I have had, I believe he wants his mods to not jump on every little minor skirmish, right VBG?

VGB has the last word on what goes on here, and if he sees the things which are beginning to occur as no big deal then I am not gonna sweat it.

I have received no word from him to do any cracking down so I guess it is my place to just read and report em as I see em.

HIS finger is on the button which really matters (banning IP's) and I would tell everyone here to hope he gives warnings out (or tells the mods to give warnings) before the finger falls.

Guest Ktrek

If this is a serious question my answer would be YES it is too big. I hate pics attached in forums anyway. They distract from the messages and you get REALLY tired of seeing them evertime that person posts. Avatars and smilies are one thing but signature pics NO! The sad thing is if I turn off the option then I also don't get to see the smilies. I guess if this becomes a board trend I will have no other choice but to turn them off or leave the board. :)

Ktrek

i thing that as long as the posters do not starting calling each other names its ok. Debate is fun and gets the blood going, but it got personal on the other board. Tell me that you do not agree with what i have said and why is fine. Telling me that i am stipid for believing what i do is over the line! I have not seen any of that here yet and i hope i do not.

Well, there's debate and then there's plain stupid...and some posters, not to be mean, really don't seem to be "debating" so much as "arguing for the sake of arguing".

Dsbs, you seem very wise, :wow: would you like to be put on my list of recommendations to become a mod here sometime in the future?

Wow, I guess so, that would be great, yeah. I'm pleased you even asked! I'd really appreciate it, thanks :wow: