Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Data's head

How come when they found this in a cavern in Time's Arrow it was difficult to get going, but B4's head was jabbering away independent of a body in Nemesis?

That's a good explanation.

You must also remember that Datas head had been lying there for hundreds of years, while B4 wasn't disassembled for long before they found him.

Edited by Stelfan

The reason Geordi had such problems getting Data's head functioning was due to an iron filling being inside Data's head from when Picard left the binary message about not firing the torpedos.

The reason Geordi had such problems getting Data's head functioning was due to an iron filling being inside Data's head from when Picard left the binary message about not firing the torpedos.

Not to mention that Data's head blasted off like a rocket where as B4's head was simply detached.

B4's head was simply disconnected while he was still turned on.  My guess is that the head has it's own power source.  As for Data in "Time's Arrow", his head was blown off his body from an overload.

Yes, Data's head does have it's own power source. Remember in the episode "Disaster" Riker brought his head to Engineering to stabalize the warp field.

i think there is 3 data heads see this is what i like to talk about

its my birth day

Edited by Roetae

B4's head was simply disconnected while he was still turned on.  My guess is that the head has it's own power source.  As for Data in "Time's Arrow", his head was blown off his body from an overload.

Not to mention that Data's head blasted off like a rocket where as B4's head was simply detached.

I buy these explanations.