Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Leaked photo of Klingons

A leaked photo surfaced on Saturday, which is said to have been taken by someone currently working on the set of Star Trek: Discovery and may be our first look at the show’s Klingons in full makeup and wardrobe.

According to the source of the photo, a friend is “currently working on the set for Star Trek: Discovery,”. The photo’s caption leads us to believe that the person who shot it is working on the show as a Klingon himself.

http://www.treknews.net/2017/02/11/first-look-star-trek-discovery-klingons/

--------------------------------------------------------

C4bjHtOVYAEWrJw.jpg:small

An older story but the webs continue to be ablaze with fanrage over these clearly either re imagined or never before seen versions of the cranial ones. 

Given the concept art for the Klingon ships we've seen, 1, 2, I am betting on them being Relics of the past. 

I am fine either way, a good story is more important than canonical minutia. So long as they get the broad strokes right I will be happy. 

Hi mj!

The leaker said they were Klingons (and was rumored fired for leaking the photo).

I suppose it is possible they are a different alien but the evidence lines up in favor of them being Klingons. 

These are images of "Discovery Klingon Sarcophagus Ship Concept Art".

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF4Z8-yyXlRlYKUpHPylr9lA2PBwq60fmy_mOdDYpvWE1RFLyZ

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShx3Xp2HoDpdjULHnv1nMmYP9Mrbg8ybrMo5JjdxZvaD6lIXH6

Imo, the armor is a pretty good match for these concepts. 

Compare this concept with the set being built visible at :43 in the video after

CONCEPTART4.jpg

Video will start at :42. See the similar, (nearly exact) columns and arches? 

Of course the wool could be being pulled over our eyes. We'll see.

ETA Here is a screen grab of both together.

klingon concept and set under constrution.png

Edited by Æ
add screen grab

Yeah, I guess we do have to just wait and see. I am not that comfortable with what I am seeing but I don't want to get negative like I have already seen or heard in other sources.m

On 4/3/2017 at 6:28 PM, mj said:

I am not that comfortable with what I am seeing but I don't want to get negative like I have already seen or heard in other sources

If these changes are for the sake of change, that they are being updated for modern audiences, ("not your daddy's Star Trek") then there could be trouble in fandom the likes of which we've never seen.

But I am holding onto hope a good reason is given if these indeed are Klingons, like they are throwbacks from a different time never seen or mentioned before. I actually love that idea.