Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Nimoy Documentary to Premiere at Newport Beach Film Festival

thumb_9fa28e40070792f1aa522accaffb070029

Remembering Leonard Nimoy, the documentary produced and directed by Nimoy's daughter Julie Nimoy and his son-in-law David Knight, will have its world premiere at the upcoming Newport Beach Film Festival, which will be held April 20-27.

As StarTrek.com readers know, Remembering Leonard Nimoy is an intimate journey into Nimoy’s personal life, featuring stories from his childhood growing up in Boston, his early career in Hollywood, his break-out role as Spock on Star Trek: The Original Series and highlights from his remarkable career to special moments and memories shared by his family, to the final years of his life battling Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).

Further, the documentary features interviews with Nimoy's family, including his children Julie and Adam, wife Susan, step-son Aaron and his six grandchildren sharing poignant stories and anecdotes. The film also includes never-before-seen videos and photos.

"The Newport Beach Film Festival is extremely proud to host the world premiere of Remembering Leonard Nimoy," Gregg Schwenk, CEO Newport Beach Film Festival, said in a statement. "It is a powerful and intensely personal journey through the life of the legendary actor, director and artist."

Tickets for will go on sale April 1st at newportbeachfilmfest.com/.

View the full article

I saw the documentary that his son did. In watching it, I realized that at the time Leonard Nimoy was born in Boston and at the hospital in which he was born, my grandmother was a nurse. So, my grandmother was most likely inside the hospital when he was born and if she wasn't there at the time, she was there not long after.

He grew up not far from where my mother and her siblings grew up. We're talking about maybe half a mile to a mile in distance.