Sign in to follow this  
Yellow_Dragon

DMZ border colonies

I am wondering what happened to the colonies within and along the demiliterized zone,after the Dominion War.Were they repatriated with the Federation?Were they granted independence?Did they remain within the sphere of influence of the post-war Cardassian government?

I know if I were a DMZ colonist,I wouldn't necessarily want to be associated with the Federation ever again.IMO,they were betrayed by the UFP once already.I also would not want to be under Cardassian rule.That leaves the option of independence,which sounds great,but...the alpha quadrant has a number of alien species that would love to swoop in and claim some form of dominion over the newly free colonies.It would be a hard decision.

Thoughts,anyone? :grin:

I remember that the colonies were destroyrd by the Dominion. I always thought that the Marquee and that whole conflict was a failure of Federation policy. I mean the UFP rolled over for the Cardis and stabbed thier own citizens in the back.

Yeah.The Jem'Hadar went midevel on the Border Colonies.I'm not sure there would be much of anything left on those worlds to repatriate.

:P

I'm pretty sure the Border Colonies were trashed.Probably even to the point that the Cardassians couldn't use them afterwards.

Great signature,Stormtrooper HK554.Your best one,yet.

Considering the final episode in the Star Wars film series,I'd say that you may be on the wrong side at that.And whatever you do,don't volunteer to serve on the second deathstar! :lol:

I was always under the impression that the Jem'Hadar only attacked and harassed the non-Cardassian colonists within the DMZ.The Cardassians wanted to make the region entirely peopled with Cardassians,and attempted to strong-arm the Federation settlers out on their own to no avail,and succeeded only in giving birth to the Maquis.The Founders allowed the Jem'Hadar to move into the border colonies and conduct military operations to placate their new Cardassian allies.

I would imagine that the border colonies are now populated mostly by Cardassians,with a bare handful of other species (those who accepted Cardassian dominion,and those who most effectively "hid").

Still,all of this is pure speculation on my part.I haven't a clue as to what actually happened.I'd love to find out,though.Might make an interesting book,don't you think?

The colonies were destroyed by the Jem'Hadar.

I never liked the Maquis.Most of them were a rogue's gallery of the quadrant's worst scoundrels,mercenaries,and criminals.The cells like Eddington's and Chakotay's were the exception,I think.

I cheered every time Captain Sisko and the starfleet caught the Maquis.

The colonies were destroyed by the Jem'Hadar.

I never liked the Maquis.Most of them were a rogue's gallery of the quadrant's worst scoundrels,mercenaries,and criminals.The cells like Eddington's and Chakotay's were the exception,I think.

I cheered every time Captain Sisko and the starfleet caught the Maquis.

I agree to a point about the Maquis. I do feel that a lot of criminals found refuge in the Maquis, not because they cared about the colonies but because they wanted the protection of the Maquis to avoid capture.