Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

What's happening?

I'm still here, though not as often as in the past. Just got back from the Las Vegas Star Trek Con! Glad to see you back!

Edited by trekz

Hello!

Update, last time I talked to VBG he said he was almost finished with his courses and would soon be around here more often. That was a looooong time ago, though. Thankfully, he did also say STFs would continue to be here as long as he's alive so my posting this must be a sign he's alive, at least. :sweatdrop: Far as I know, few if any of the other Staff come around. I've not heard from any of them in quite a while, either.

After STID only generated about a dozen [mostly negative] responses, :Hmmm...: I began phasing down the frequency of my coming around.

I am stoked for the 50th anniversary and do plan to be first in line for the new film on 7/22/16 :biggrin: (btw, it got moved to two weeks later, in case you care but didn't know)

TO NON MEMBER GUESTS, DUE TO SPAMBOTS OUT-SMARTING DEFENSES AGAINST THEM, NEW REGISTRATIONS ARE AND WILL REMAIN DISABLED UNTIL THE SITE OWNER RETURNS AND RE-ENABLES THEM.

That's about it. Anything else? I'll answer any other questions you may have IF I can.

I'm still checking in here several times a week but rarely see any activity. Sure miss the old days.

AE! Good to see you are still around! And good to see everyone else too!

I'm also fired up for the 50th anniversary of Star Trek and the new movie. We were fortunate enough to get to Las Vegas for the Creation Con last August, which was great but tiring! Joan Collins appearance was a highlight! Also attended the Chicago (Rosemont) Creation Con as well, far easier, and cheaper, since I live there.

There will be 50 Year Mission (Creation) Cons this year in Dallas, Chicago, New Jersey, San Francisco and Las Vegas. So perhaps there may be one near you. The Vegas Con will be 5 days, which seems far too long to an oldster like me.... It is also VERY expensive, and the top three tiers are already SOLD OUT. Fine with me since the cheaper ticket are good enough.

It would be great to see more activity on this site, but I do appreciate it for still remaining.

Hello, trekz. Good to see you too. Good work keeping the Convention forum updated. Appreciated.

Shame on me for not at least keeping the portal updated with Trek News, but I figure few here cared anyway, and those that do are getting the news for themselves.

I'm afraid distance and prices have kept Trek conventions well off my recreational activities list. $2500 in car repairs this summer caused the bank of our mattress to go bankrupt. lol

I wonder what the end point was for most people, why a lot of people stopped coming around. It would be interesting to see traffic stats to see if there was an exact date when people stopped. I know for me, i was quite young when i joined this site, as most could tell by the immaturity of my posts at the time haha. For me, joining high school was the end point of my life around here. Now that i'm married and own a house, i was hoping to get back into this site but as everyone else has said it has died down quite a bit around here.

Well Howdy Hi everybody! *waves*

I check the site almost every day to see what's going on, but I haven't signed in for a long time because I had nothing to add to any of the posts. It seems like there's not much to talk about because there's not much happening in Star Trek lately. As soon as the next movie starts putting out some info, there will be plenty to talk about! :lol:

Hello BakulaBabe.

The next movie already has been putting out info, some of it quite spoilery.

Many pics of uniforms and aliens, a couple of standing sets, one which appear to be of a spoiler and a spoiler to the spoiler of the "spoiler", have been leaked.

SPOILERS! http://movies.trekcore.com/beyond/

:superhappy:

Hello BakulaBabe.

The next movie already has been putting out info, some of it quite spoilery.

Many pics of uniforms and aliens, a couple of standing sets, one which appear to be of a spoiler and a spoiler to the spoiler of the "spoiler", have been leaked.

SPOILERS! http://movies.trekcore.com/beyond/

:superhappy:

Hi AE :)

Interesting stuff at that site! When I saw one of the uniform pics, I thought "What is this for, Star Trek: The Virtual Reality Game?" :blink: I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of aliens. There's one at that site that looks like it might be a very distant relative of a Star Wars character. :laugh: