Sign in to follow this  
Madam Captain

What are you favorite Voyager quotes?

Hi there :lol:

I was just wondering what your favorite quotes are from Voyager. They can be from any episode in any season, involving any characters. I will add a few of my own:

Janeway to Q: And please don't call me Madam Captain!

Janeway to Q: Don't you Aunt Kathy me!! (Q2)

Tuvok: Mr Neelix, I prefer not to hear the life history of my breakfast (Flashback)

Janeway: I'm just not the right sort of woman for you Q.

Q's wife: Truer words were never spoken (The Q and the Grey)

The Doctor: My programmers didn't clutter me up with pithy Earth trivia, they programmed me with much more important data (Persistance of Vision)

Janeway: I don't want something better than coffee, I want coffee!

Janeway: Okay Mr Neelix, give me your better than coffee substitute.

Chakotay: Bridge to Captain.

Janeway: I'm on my way!!

Janeway gets to the bridge

Chakotay: Captain, there was no need for you to come to the bridge.

Janeway: Oh yes there was!

Janeway: My latin may be a bit rusty, but I assure you, when it comes to mathematics and the sciences, my lessons will be quite challenging.

Feel free to add your own....................

Linda

The Doctor: "Flesh and blood, photons and force fields, why quibble over details?" (Or something close to that, can't remember exactly.) :lol:

In Dark Frontier there is a great scene between Naomi Wildman and Captain Janeway:

Janeway speaking to Naomi: “There are three things to remember about being a starship captain, keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship and never abandon a member of your crew.”

Tuvok in (Favourite Son), talking about deja vu:

“Perhaps you are experiencing a paradoxical, state dependant, associative phenomenon.”

The scene in Endgame when Admiral Janeway takes the chronodeflector from the Klingons, and they are perusing her:

Admiral Janeway: “What do you want?”

Klingon Commander: “You’ll pay for your deceit…the house of Korath wont rest until you’ve drowned in your own blood.”

Admiral Janeway: “I’d love to stay and chat, but I’m on a tight schedule!"

Edited by Janeway_IDIC

Concerning Flight

"It never fails to impress me....No matter how vast the differences may be between cultures...people always have something that somebody else wants. And trade is born."

--Janeway to Tuvok

In Dark Frontier there is a great scene between Naomi Wildman and Captain Janeway:

Janeway speaking to Naomi: “There are three things to remember about being a starship captain, keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship and never abandon a member of your crew.”

“Perhaps you are experiencing a paradoxical, state dependant, associative phenomenon.”

The scene in Endgame when Admiral Janeway takes the chronodeflector from the Klingons, and they are perusing her:

Klingon Commander: “You’ll pay for your deceit…the house of Korath wont rest until you’ve drowned in your own blood.”

Hi there Janeway_IDIC :grin:

I like these quotes from 'Latent Image':

The Doctor is taking photos of the entire crew for his medical records and its Naomi's turn.

The Doctor: Try to hold still please.

Naomi: Is it going to hurt?

The Doctor: Of course not, a few photons never hurt anybody.

The Doctor lets Naomi takes some photos of him:

Naomi: Try to hold still please.

The Doctor: Are you making fun of me?

Naomi: No.

Linda

The Doctor:  "Flesh and blood, photons and force fields, why quibble over details?"  (Or something close to that, can't remember exactly.)   ;)

I liked thses quotes from 'Latent Image':

The Doctor turns up on the bridge while Chakotay, Tuvok and Janeway are having a discussion about some martial arts battle.

Janeway: If this is another housecall, it will have to wait, as you can see I've got a mutiny on my hands.

The Doctor: A mutiny, I suppose thats better than a conspiracy.

Later, Janeway is in her quarters reading a novel when Seven enters.

Seven: I'm having trouble with the nature of individuality.

Janeway: There's a time and a place for philosophical discussion, two o'clock in the morning, in my quarters isn't one of them.

Linda

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

Concerning Flight

"It never fails to impress me....No matter how vast the differences may be between cultures...people always have something that somebody else wants. And trade is born."

--Janeway to Tuvok

I love these ones from 'Bride of Chaotica!":

Janeway marches into the mess hall and says to Neelix:

"Coffee, black!

Neelix: Ah, sorry Captain, we lost two more replicators this morning........

Janeway cuts him off and says:

"Listen to me very carefully because I'm only going to say this once. Coffee, black!"

Neelix: Yes ma'am.

Later on in this episode, Seven says to Harry:

"Entertainment, another frivolous human endeavour.

Then when Janeway is posing as Queen Arachnia:

Janeway shoots Chaotica and says:

"I don't know how to tell you this, but the wedding's off!"

Later on she says to Tom:

"I'm the queen, remember?!"

Linda

Janeway- "Theres coffee in that nebula." :grin:

I like this one from Coda:

Janeway and Chakotay are in the shuttle on their way to a planet and they are talking about talent night.

Janeway: Maybe you could stand with an apple on your head and I could phaser it off.

Chakotay: If you miss, I get to be Captain.

Janeway laughs ;)

Linda

Janeway- "Theres coffee in that nebula." :lol:

Janeway and Chakotay are in the shuttle on their way to a planet and they are talking about talent night.

Janeway: Maybe you could stand with an apple on your head and I could phaser it off.

Janeway laughs ;)

Linda

Here is another one:

"Coffee, the finest organic suspension even devised. Its got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it" (Janeway)

Linda

Hi there Janeway_IDIC ;)

I like these quotes from 'Latent Image':

The Doctor is taking photos of the entire crew for his medical records and its Naomi's turn.

The Doctor: Try to hold still please.

Naomi: Is it going to hurt?

The Doctor: Of course not, a few photons never hurt anybody.

The Doctor lets Naomi takes some photos of him:

Naomi: Try to hold still please.

The Doctor: Are you making fun of me?

Naomi: No.

Linda

I also like this one from Night:

Seven and Tom are in the holodeck, the Captain Proton program is running. Tom has told Seven that she needs to deactivated the robot:

Seven walks up to the robot, and says:

"I am Borg" and deactivates the robot.

Then she says to Tom:

"The robot has been neutralised. May I leave now?"

Tom looks at Seven and says:

"Oh come on Seven, give it a chance, the galaxy is at stake.

Linda

Captain Janeway talking to Seven, “There's a time and a place for philosophical discussion, this is one of them.”

Captain Janeway: “Who wanted to muck around in the dirt when you could be studying quantum mechanics?”

Seska: “If this had been a Cardassian ship, we would be home now.”

Seven of Nine: “Nevertheless, I am willing to explore my humanity. Take off your clothes.”

B'Elanna Torres: “How the hell do you know when we're having intimate relations?”

Seven of Nine: “There is no one on deck 9 section 12 who does not know when you're having intimate relations.”

While B’Elanna is in labour:

The Doctor, counselling B'Elanna: “Will you relax?”

B'Elanna Torres: “If you tell me to relax one more time I'm going to rip your holographic head off!”

The Doctor: “I hope you don't intend to kiss your baby with that mouth.”

Seven of Nine: “Fun will now commence!”

Captain Janeway: “Dismissed. That's a Starfleet expression for "get out".

Captain Janeway talking to Seven, “There's a time and a place for philosophical discussion, this is one of them.”

Captain Janeway: “Who wanted to muck around in the dirt when you could be studying quantum mechanics?”

Seven of Nine: “Nevertheless, I am willing to explore my humanity. Take off your clothes.”

B'Elanna Torres: “How the hell do you know when we're having intimate relations?”

Seven of Nine: “There is no one on deck 9 section 12 who does not know when you're having intimate relations.”

B'Elanna Torres: “If you tell me to relax one more time I'm going to rip your holographic head off!”

Here are some great quotes from Night:

The senior staff are having a meeting, everyone except Janeway is there:

Harry: Listen, maybe we have got the wrong attitude. Lets think of this as a two year vacation.

Everyone stares at Harry, with skepiticism.

Tom: Wow Harry, you're a real genius. How do you come up with these brilliant idea?"

Harry: You're such an optomistic guy.

Later on in the episode, Chakotay is talking to Janeway in her quarters:

Janeway: I made an error in judgement, Chakotay. It was short sighted and it was selfish and now all of us are paying for my mistake.

Seven and The Doctor are on there way to the shuttle bay, to go on an away mission.

Seven: This isn't shore leave. There will be no time for recreational activities.

Later on, they are in the shuttle with Tom and B'Elanna and The Doctor insists on taking some photos of Seven.

The Doctor: And smile, like I know you can!

The Doctor: Rise and shine lieutenant! 0600 hours, early bird gets the gagh!

B'Elanna is about to have a sonic shower when the Doctor appears on the screen in her bathroom:

"I'm a doctor, not a peeping Tom. Besides, its nothing I haven't seen before.

Tuvok (in State of Flux): “How may I be honest with you today?”

Janeway (in Worst Case Scenario): “You’ve just threatened the wrong woman, Chakotay.”

Janeway (in The Cloud): “Dismissed. That’s a Starfleet expression for get out.”

Neelix quoting the Captain (in Thirty Days): "Tell Mr. Paris this is punishment, not shore leave."

Seven of Nine talking to the Captain: "You would deny us the choice as you deny us now. You have imprisoned us in the name of humanity yet you will not grant us your most cherished human right ... to choose our own fate. You are hypocritical, manipulative. We do not want to be what you are! Return us to the collective!"

Captain Janeway: You lost the capacity to make a rational choice the moment you were assimilated. They took that from you. And until I am convinced you've gotten it back, I'm making the choice for you. You're staying here.

Seven of Nine: Then you are no different from the Borg.

Tuvok: "I am curious. Have the Q always had had an absence of manners, or is it the result of some natural evolutionary process that comes with omnipotence?"

I also love the scenes involving Arachnia, Queen of the Spider People.

Seven of Nine talking to the Captain: "You would deny us the choice as you deny us now. You have imprisoned us in the name of humanity yet you will not grant us your most cherished human right ... to choose our own fate. You are hypocritical, manipulative. We do not want to be what you are! Return us to the collective!"

Captain Janeway: You lost the capacity to make a rational choice the moment you were assimilated. They took that from you. And until I am convinced you've gotten it back, I'm making the choice for you. You're staying here.

Tuvok: "I am curious. Have the Q always had had an absence of manners, or is it the result of some natural evolutionary process that comes with omnipotence?"

This quote came fro the episode "The Gift." It is one of my all time favorite interactions between Seven and Janeway, and one of my favorite quotes from Voyager. I also liked the interaction between the Doctor and B'Elanna when she was delivering her baby. There are many others that I need to think about and record here later.

Tuvok (in State of Flux): “How may I be honest with you today?”

Janeway (in Worst Case Scenario): “You’ve just threatened the wrong woman, Chakotay.”

Janeway (in The Cloud): “Dismissed. That’s a Starfleet expression for get out.”

Neelix quoting the Captain (in Thirty Days): "Tell Mr. Paris this is punishment, not shore leave."

Scientific Method:

Janeway: Your the chief of security Tuvok, don't thirteen department heads report to you every day?

Tuvok: Yes.

Janeway: Well straighten them out.

Tuvok: Shall I flog them aswell?

Drone:

One: Seven of Nine, do you wish to rejoin the Collective?

Seven: Voyager is my Collective.

Later, One and Seven are in the turbolift:

One: Will Voyager be destroyed?

Seven: The Borg are powerful but Captain Janeway is a resourceful leader. We will resist.

One: Resistance is futile.

Seven: Perhaps.

Sung by the Doctor (Tinker, Tenor Doctor, Spy):

Tuvok, I understand,

You are a Vulcan man.

And you have gone without,

For seven years....about.

Paris, please find a way

To load a hypospray.

I will give you the sign,

Just aim for his behind.

Hormones are raging,

synapses blazing,

It is alllll so il-log-i-cal.

Il-log-i-cal!

Great quote Indy! This fantasy of The Doctor is a great scene! It’s very interesting to know that secretly The Doctor wants to anaesthetise Tuvok. And the way he achieves this is a great feat, in the middle of an opera! The timing couldn’t have been better, impressing the crew, resolving Tuvok’s Pon Far, while singing opera, all at the same time! After Tuvok collapses, none of the crew care about his condition, they’re all too awe struck by The Doctors overwhelming talents! Even the Captain is captivated. This scene is one of my favourites too!

Janeway- "Theres coffee in that nebula." :lol:

Janeway laughs :P

Linda

Oops! I got that one from Coda a bit wrong. Here is the correct version:

Janeway: Maybe I can stand with an apple on my head and you can phaser it off.

Chakotay: If I miss, I get to be Captain.

Linda

Sung by the Doctor (Tinker, Tenor Doctor, Spy):

Tuvok, I understand,

You are a Vulcan man.

And you have gone without,

For seven years....about.

Paris, please find a way

To load a hypospray.

I will give you the sign,

Just aim for his behind.

Hormones are raging,

synapses blazing,

It is alllll  so il-log-i-cal.

Il-log-i-cal!

I love that episode!! I just loved that scene when The Doctor turns into the ECH and all the pips pop up on his collar. That would probably be one of my favorite Doctor episodes, although its so hard to choose just one favorite.

Another great scene in that episode was when The Doctor, Janeway, B'Elanna, Tom, Seven, Neelix and Janeway are having a meeting. Seven and The Doctor are sending little messages to each other on their padds, while Janeway and B'Elanna are also 'interested' in spending some time alone with him. Then Janeway pretends to stunble due to an old Academy injury that just suddenly flares up and she grabs the Doctor's hand and puts it on her behind - so she can show him where the 'injury' is!! I had to rewind that part and watch it again several times, its so funny.

Linda

Great quote Indy! This fantasy of The Doctor is a great scene! It’s very interesting to know that secretly The Doctor wants to anaesthetise Tuvok. And the way he achieves this is a great feat, in the middle of an opera! The timing couldn’t have been better, impressing the crew, resolving Tuvok’s Pon Far, while singing opera, all at the same time! After Tuvok collapses, none of the crew care about his condition, they’re all too awe struck by The Doctors overwhelming talents! Even the Captain is captivated. This scene is one of my favourites too!

Hey, I'm a lieutenant now!!

Here are some more great Janeway quotes:

"You can use logic to justify almost anything. That's its power........and its flaw"

(Prime Factors)

"You can't have it both ways Commander. If you want to get in the mud with the Kazon, you can't start complaining that you might get dirty"

(Alliances)

I loved this piece of dialogue, between Janeway and Tuvok, in Waking Moments:

Tuvok: The alien simply stared at me as if scrutinising my appearance.

Janeway: That's what happened in my dream. What did you do?

Tuvok: I returned to my quarters.

Janeway: Did he follow you?

Tuvok: He did.

Janeway:And then?

Tuvok: He watched me.

Janeway: Doing what?

Tuvok: Getting dressed.

Janeway: Getting dressed?

Tuvok: Yes.

Janeway: I don't suppose I should ask you why you were undressed?"

Tuvok: I would prefer that you didn't.

TransporterMalfunction: To Madam Captain, I have merged several of your posts as I had noticed that on several occasions you had posted between two and four posts in the same thread within the space of twenty minutes. If you wish to add further to a message posted recently please use the edit function.

For a guide to using code go to the following link: http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?act=...st=0#entry87044. If there are any further questions please PM me and I will do my best to help.

Janeway-"Go to Hell. Coward."

(I must paraphrase)

Janeway and Tuvok to someone who was treying to scam people by impersonating the Voyager crew.

Janeway-"Tell our guest about the prison colonies on Terelous 5."

Tuvok-"Captain?"

Janeway-"Well..."

Tuvok-"The colony is bearly hospitipal for human life. Inmates often die from advanced...sirises."

Although this quote was probably also said in TNG by the Borg......I'm sure it was stated far more in Voyager.......I loved hearing the Borg say"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!"....... <_<

Although this quote was probably also said in TNG by the Borg......I'm sure it was stated far more in Voyager.......I loved hearing the Borg say"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!"....... <_<

Yes, I agree, I liked hearing the Borg say that too. It also sent a shiver up my spine when the Borg said "You will be assimilated".

I loved Body and Soul when The Doctor took over Seven's body, especially when he said he was in 'complete control' of her body and he had his hands all over her chest.................

I just about killed myself laughing in that episode, it was so funny!

Linda

Although this quote was probably also said in TNG by the Borg......I'm sure it was stated far more in Voyager.......I loved hearing the Borg say"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!"....... :clap:

Yes, I agree, I liked hearing the Borg say that too. It also sent a shiver up my spine when the Borg said "You will be assimilated".

I couldn't agree more! :( :clap:

:(

In the episode where the Hirogen took over, seven says to her captor..."One day, the Borg will assimilate your species. When that day comes, think of me." :eek:

A favorite of mine comes from the Dr. in First Contact (same program right?) "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop".

Yes, same program - EMH Mark I.

HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?! the docter is no ordinary emh mark one!

the EMH mark ones were reprogrammed to scrub plasma conduits and perform mining operations and that is certainly not what we want the doctor doing!

the doctor to his creator: I am no longer just an ordinary mark one I am not under your control!

other guy: OH, really? Computer Transfer EMH to the living quarters

then the docter is talking to reg barclay and he swats the holographic fly thing that is the creator guys pet