Sign in to follow this  
ChipinPa

Classic Dr,McCoy lines

I'm a Surgeon,not a psyciatrist.

From "The City on the Edge of Forever."

I'm a Doctor,not a bricklayer.

From "The Devil in the Dark."

If you don't get to Vulcan within a week 8 days on the outside.He'll die Jim.

From "Amok Time."

I'm a Doctor,not an escalator.

From "Friday's Child."

He's dead Jim.

From "The Enemy Within."

More Quotes:

"Please, Spock, do me a favor ... 'n' don't say it's `fascinating'..." -- Dr. McCoy

"No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock (The Ultimate Computer)

"... and tell Doctor McCoy, he should have wished me luck." -- Spock (The Immunity Syndrome)

"Shut-up, Spock! We're rescuing you!" -- McCoy

"Why, thank you, captain McCoy." -- Spock, to McCoy after he tells Kirk something about leaving him (The Immunity Syndrome)

"You! What planet is this?" -- McCoy, to a homeless person upon appearing in 1930's Chicago (City on the Edge of Forever)

"Well Bones, do the new medical facilities meet with your approval?" -- Kirk

"They do not. It's like working in a damn computer center" -- McCoy (Star Trek: TMP)

Who's been holding up the damn elevator?" -- McCoy (Star Trek II)

"It has always been easier to destroy that to create" -- Spock

"Not anymore! Now we can do both at the same time. According to myth, the Earth was created in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Genesis, we'll do it for ya in six minutes." -- McCoy, in Kirk's ready room, after viewing the Project Genesis film (Star Trek II)

"Where are we going?" -- McCoy

"Where they went." -- Kirk

"What if they went nowhere?" -- McCoy

"Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all." -- Kirk, directing the search party to beam to the last coordinates of the transporter room in the deserted science lab (Star Trek II)

"How many fingers am I holding up?" -- Kirk, making the Vulcan salute

"That's not very damn funny." -- McCoy (Star Trek III)

"My God, what have I done?" -- Kirk

"What you always do. Turn death into a fighting chance to live." -- McCoy (Star Trek III)

"Sounds more like the goddam Spanish Inquisition." -- McCoy, to Kirk, after listening to to two 20th century doctors discussing treatments in an elevator (Star Trek IV)

"I was attempting to ascertain the meaning of the lyrics." -- Spock

"It's a song, you green-blooded...Vulcan. You don't analyse it. The point is you have a good time singing it." -- McCoy

"Oh, I am sorry, Doctor. Were we having a good time?" -- Spock, after trying to sing "Row Row Row Your Boat" (Star Trek V)

"Jim, you don't go around asking the Almighty for his I.D.!" -- McCoy (Star Trek V)

:D

McCoy: Well Boy, i don't see any Points on your ears but u Sound like a Vulcan!

Data: no Sir i am an Andriod

McCoy: Just as Bad

(Encounter at Farpoint 2)

McCoy: Treat her lke a Lady and she'll always Bring u Home

(Encounter at farpoint 2) *Referring to the Enterprise*

-Laur :D

This isn't a quote but it's classic Bones moment...

Star Trek III Dr McCoy is trying to hire a ship to take him to Genesis. When Starfleet Security hears him talking and tells him to stop talking about it McCoy (whit Spocks Katra) trys to Neck Pinch him, with no success!

Just a classic moment! LOL

At a recent convention Robert Picardo said he thought one of the reasons he got the EMH role was he had ended his audition with a Bones-ism

At the end of my Voyager audition after my last scripted line — which was, 'I believe someone has failed to terminate my program' — I took a long, droll look at the 22 people watching me in the room, and said, 'I'm a doctor, not a nightlight!'

They did give the EMH quite a few Bones-isms didn't they. Like in First Contact when Crusher tells him to delay the Borg and he replies "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop".

Nice tributes!

They did give the EMH quite a few Bones-isms didn't they. Like in First Contact when Crusher tells him to delay the Borg and he replies "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop".

I think that's why the EMH has been my favorite doctor since Bones.

My favorite Bones quote:

Kirk: "You're suffering from a Vulcan Mindmeld Doctor"

Bones: "That green-blooded son of a (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't). It's his revange for all those auguments he lost."

-Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

My favorite Bones line also comes from Star Trek III, just before Bones and Spock undergo the fal-tor-pan, to restore Spock's katra to him. The Vulcan high priestess warns Bones that the danger to him is "as grave as the danger to Spock" and allows McCoy to choose whether to participate or not.

McCoy: "I choose the danger....helluva time to ask!"

From the film ST:IV- The Voyage Home

McCoy: "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe."

From the episode The Omega Glory

McCoy: "Spock,I've found that evil usually triumphs....unless good is very,very careful."

Spock: Jim, be careful

McCoy: WE will

`damnit jim, what the hell is the matter with you? other people have birthdays, why are we treating yours like a funeral?`

`hes not really dead, as long as we remember him`

=star trek 2

bones was always great, he completed the TOS triumvirate....but like he says....as long as we remeber him...

mccoy-small.gif

20 January 1920-11 June 1999

it really only seems like yesterday he passed away. :bow:

Yeah it was very sad when he passed away. But we do know that he will be remembered.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

How old was he when he died (somehow, if he's old, I'd feel a little better...) I only found out he was dead one or two months ago, long after I started watching. I was shocked. I thought I must have read wrong, or the statement was wrong :D *sigh* He was my favourite TOS character...

I liked:

"why did I do it?"

"what?"

"reconnect his mouth!" (actually, it was a pretty dumb episode, but still. Classic McCoy) AND

"well, it's a different ship, but she's got the right name. You remember that, d'ya hear? You treat her like a lady and she'll always bring you home" AND

"What;s so damned troublesome about not havin' died?"

Ok, now I'm depressed...but I saw E at Farpoint b4 I knew he died, and I loved that line...

I wish i was able to see all of the TOS. I never really was able to get to know that crew. However this thread has really inspired me to want to watch them all. Just goes to show how even in death the spirit of one can still move people.

Thanks Bones.

I'll never forget the day I heard he had died...infact...that's the only thing I remember from that day. I got the Communicator Tribute Issue :wub:

"You bet your pointed ears..."

ST IV

McCoy-"I thought you just said they're aren't any..except on Earth..of th past."

Spock-"Yes doctor, that is exactly what I said."

McCoy-"Well in that case.....now wait just a damn minute here"

Loved the line Tank quoted from Search for Spock about the mindmeld. Classic.

Also like later on in Search for Spock- when just before the refusion of Spock's mind- Bones is asked if he accepts the risk to himself....

Bones replies and says...."Hell of a time to ask!"

Loved the dry wit and mobile facial expressions. Only found out he died late last year and was completely shocked.

I'll never forget the day I heard he had died...infact...that's the only thing I remember from that day.  I got the Communicator Tribute Issue :laugh:

"You bet your pointed ears..."

ST IV

McCoy-"I thought you just said they're aren't any..except on Earth..of th past."

Spock-"Yes doctor, that is exactly what I said."

McCoy-"Well in that case.....now wait just a damn minute here"

That was a great Bones moment...I had forgotten about that one.

:innocent:

I wish i was able to see all of the TOS.  I never really was able to get to know that crew.  However this thread has really inspired me to want to watch them all.  Just goes to show how even in death the spirit of one can still move people.

Thanks Bones.

I don't know if you get the SciFi channel in your area, but they are airing episodes of TOS. In fact, they are having a 12 hour marathon of TOS on May 26th.

:)
I wish i was able to see all of the TOS.  I never really was able to get to know that crew.  However this thread has really inspired me to want to watch them all.  Just goes to show how even in death the spirit of one can still move people.

Thanks Bones.

I don't know if you get the SciFi channel in your area, but they are airing episodes of TOS. In fact, they are having a 12 hour marathon of TOS on May 26th.

Really?? that;s great!!

"We Stop Feeding Them, They Stop Breeding!"

The Trouble With Tribbles

Bones-"You don't got no points on your ears boy, but you sound like a Vulcan."

Data-"No sir, I am an android."

Bones-"Hmph, almost as bad."

Encounter At Farpoint

Ahh, I love the Music that goes along with that Scene happy.gif

He may be gone, but he will always be remembered. I think that he would be very pleased if he realized how many of our lives he managed to touch with the character of Dr. McCoy.

McCoy-"It's a new ship, but she's got the right name. Now you remember that."

Data-"I will sir."

McCoy-"You treat her like a lady...and she'll always bring ya home."

TNG-Encounter At Farpoint