Sign in to follow this  
Meiline

Arena

I searched threads for the exchange of ideas on this episode and as I didn't found, I decided to open one!

Last Saturday I watched Arena for the 1st time - I was anxious because Gorn is a very famous antagonist - and despite I notice some inconsistencies in the script, I confess that I enjoyed very much! Especially the battle between Kirk and Gorn.

Gorn's appearance is very reminiscent of the monsters attacking Tokyo in Japanese live-action and (I'm not sure, but I believe) may have been deliberate.

The scenes with Kirk narrating what he saw on the planet and the problems he was facing not seem to have much sense... To whom he intended to leave these recordings? As I read in a review, perhaps the reason was to give the most suspenseful scenes, but if you look better, it doesn't even seem to have a purpose. What about you, what do you think of this episode?

There is some discussion about this episode on its rating thread here.

Various mentions of the episode can be found in assorted threads around the site using the search function.

Anyway, inconsistencies....in Star Trek? Blasphemy! ;)

Thanks for the reply! :thumbs: I had used the search box in this forum but I got no results for this episode in particular.

Ah, I didn't say it for harm! It's just an opinion that I had about this episode's script. ;)

Thanks for the reply! :thumbs: I had used the search box in this forum but I got no results for this episode in particular.

Ah, I didn't say it for harm! It's just an opinion that I had about this episode's script. ;)

No harm taken Gorn The mini Godzilla. :Hmmm...: I think you are on to something.