Sign in to follow this  
Crazy-Trek-Kitten

Question About Site Activity

I haven't been back for a long time due to forgetting my login. I wanted to know how active the site is, there are lots that I no longer see, which I get. I wanted to know if there are still people here keeping this place that used to make me so happy alive?

I haven't been back for a long time due to forgetting my login. I wanted to know how active the site is, there are lots that I no longer see, which I get. I wanted to know if there are still people here keeping this place that used to make me so happy alive?

I check out the main page often, but I don't log in unless I have something to say. I just wish there was more Star Trek to discuss!

I check out the main page often, but I don't log in unless I have something to say. I just wish there was more Star Trek to discuss!

Yeah you I remember when I used to come here. I know there is a limited ammount of cannon type stuff now a days with only 2 movies coming out, and no current series going on. But there are still things to dicuss! Example the Storylines being revisited and made threw STO althought frankly I would not recommend playing it due to PWI owning it, and the horrible way they run games. Also there are a few new films that have Star Trek actors in it. And it is always items to be discussed about the old stuff, or the new stuff the actors are doing.

But did something happen to the site I was looking and it seems that most of the people last posted in 09?

I used to come here all the time also, and I enjoyed it very much. Facebook is just awful. I miss this format on sites like this, where everyone here is here to talk about Star Trek and not what they ate for breakfast or wore to town! Plus, facebook is so limiting on lengthy discussion and you can't really search topics and keep things going ... threads just go away! (Can you imagine being the poor NSA guy assigned to monitor facebook b.s.? LOL!)

We should not have let these old message boards fade like they have, but everyone went to facebook and stopped doing this sort of thing. I myself am guilty, and I'm sorry! Like Bakula Babe, though, I really wish there was more Trek to talk about. :waaaa:

I disagree. I think Facebook is great! The old "Starfleet Lounge" with most of the old members has even been resurrected on FB. To be able to instantly reply and get an instant response is why FB has retired most of these boards.

I disagree. I think Facebook is great! The old "Starfleet Lounge" with most of the old members has even been resurrected on FB. To be able to instantly reply and get an instant response is why FB has retired most of these boards.

Don't you find that facebook's format is really limiting, though? Long discussions just don't seem very feasible and you can't search topics. I'm on the Days of Our Lives fan page and there are a few of us out there who really get going, but then the status gets buried and you gotta go looking for it way down the list. And those crazy soap posts will show up in my MOM's newsfeed! I comment on a picture, and that picture shows up on my husband's newsfeed! He doesn't want that Days of Our Lives crap popping up on his facebook.

I just never know who among my friends is going to be reading what I am saying about Star Trek, Hell on Wheels, Under the Dome, Beverly Hills 90210 or anything else ... what if I want to compare one of my friends to some lunatic character on Star Trek? They'll know I'm talking about them LOL! Message boards were more conducive to honest discussion, not discussion censored and parsed to protect the people on your "friends" list.

The old message board format was a LOT better for retaining some sort of anonymity. I'll never forget how funny it was after I'd been posting here for quite a while that there were folks on here who thought I was a MAN! There was one guy who finally read between the lines and saw me talking about my husband, "Holy Crap! You're a GIRL? I thought you were a DUDE!" LOL! On facebook, people can just click on your name and see who you are, where you live, photos, education.

Facebook is o.k. for some things, I just prefer a little more privacy when discussing my interests.

Hey everyone, I know I've been gone for quite a long time but life has been pretty hectic. I'm finishing up one of my degrees this semester.

I'd like to get the site to be more active, like it used to be, but I don't know if that's doable since Facebook and Twitter probably garner most the most online attention these days.

Regardless though, STF will stick around. Activity or not. I'll keep it online as long as I'm still "online" lol.

Well it is great to hear from you. Making through school and getting degrees should be at the top of your list. I am glad however that STF will be here, its a great site.

Hey everyone, I know I've been gone for quite a long time but life has been pretty hectic. I'm finishing up one of my degrees this semester.

I'd like to get the site to be more active, like it used to be, but I don't know if that's doable since Facebook and Twitter probably garner most the most online attention these days.

Regardless though, STF will stick around. Activity or not. I'll keep it online as long as I'm still "online" lol.

Congratulations on the school work thing! It is great to see you out here and know you're doing well! :) Facebook is the devil ... I was looking for the "like" button to respond to you "status!" LOL!

Really? Wish someone had shot me a PM about it.

Really? Wish someone had shot me a PM about it.

Well now you know! :)

Sorry for the board being down for a little while, I've been pretty busy and hadn't realized that the hosting renewal hadn't gone through.

Anyway, I've just finished school (graduated Magna Cum Laude) and should be able to do more to update things and refresh the boards.

Sorry for the board being down for a little while, I've been pretty busy and hadn't realized that the hosting renewal hadn't gone through.

Anyway, I've just finished school (graduated Magna Cum Laude) and should be able to do more to update things and refresh the boards.

Wow! Congratulations! :clap::yahoo:

Take a little time to relax before you plunge into anything!

I'm sorry for my lack of activity... Too much work not enough free time.

Hadn't noticed....lol. j/k

THAT IS WAY COOL!! I had to look it up ( With Great Honor ) a wonderful achievement.

Sorry for not posting for a while, I have a busy job now. I am happy people still come here, had no clue about the whole FB community move. I kinda feel from all social talking of massage boards and what not when I got into MMO's. I do say I miss it, and I really do not get into facebook conversations. I am happy even thought the site isn't as active as it once was it is still a place to go to when one has time to. I remember when I first came here as a teen, and now I am all grown, and it is still here. If nothing else I think it should be kept up as an important part of Star Trek community history.

As far as ways to make it more active having a hot and active youtube page could bring potential new people to the site.