Sign in to follow this  
Meiline

I'm new

Hi!

I'm Meiline and I confess that I was very happy to find this forum! :)

I'm a big fan of the original series and felt the need to exchange ideas with other fans as well. I hope to become very active, sharing ideas and thoughts.

See you soon!

Are the episodes in Portuguese? It would be so fun to watch one in a different language.

Yes, the episodes were dubbed by a studio in São Paulo in the 60s. Many people love this first dubbing, but some episodes were lost in a fire that was there at the end of the decade. Then, in the 90s, there was a new voice acting made by a studio in Rio de Janeiro, which was preserved and now released on DVD here in Brazil.

. Edited by Meiline

When I was a teen, I spent several summers in Germany. I watched Trek there in German and it was hilarious listening to the voice over actors...lol. Over there the series is called "Raumshiff Enterprise".

Meiline

Thank you! That was fun. How did you get interested in Star Trek?

You're welcome! It's really fun to watch dubbed into other languages​​! :)

Well, my mom used to watch Star Trek when I was just a little girl. I vaguely remember watching a few episodes with her in the 90s. After they stopped showing the episodes in broadcast television, I just went back to watch the episodes years later on cable when I was a teenager. It was then that I really became a Star Trek fan and I kept this in my memory until to be able to buy the Brazilian edition DVD, many years later. I reviewed the episodes that I kept in my heart and memory, but most of the episodes were new to me, which made me very happy!

This is a great post I am learning a lot about Meiline our new member and Kor an old member. Kor you should post some of your Germany travels and why you were there, that would be very interesting.

My parents came from Germany. I was the first to be born here in the USA. I spent 2 summer vacations in Germany visiting with relatives.