Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Star Trek Into Darkness

What rating would you give "Star Trek Into Darkness"?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Star Trek Into Darkness"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!
  2. 2. Bonus Question! Do you like Into Darkness...

• More than first Abrams Trek
    • Same as first Abrams Trek
    • Not as much as first Abrams Trek
    • I don't like either of them

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

Directed by J. J. Abrams

Produced by J. J. Abrams Bryan Burk Damon Lindelof Alex Kurtzman Roberto Orci

Written by Roberto Orci Alex Kurtzman Damon Lindelof

Based on Star Trek by Gene Roddenberry

Starring

Chris Pine

Zachary Quinto

Zoe Saldana

Karl Urban

Simon Pegg

John Cho

Benedict Cumberbatch

Anton Yelchin

Bruce Greenwood

Peter Weller

Alice Eve

Music by Michael Giacchino

Cinematography Dan Mindel

Editing by Maryann Brandon Mary Jo Markey

Studio Bad Robot Productions K/O Paper Products Skydance Productions

Distributed by Paramount Pictures

Release date(s)

April 23, 2013 (Sydney premiere)

May 17, 2013

Running time 133 minutes

Country United States

Budget $190 million

Box office $448,852,743[5]

Wikipeida

I loved the show and can't wait to buy it and watch it at home.

Can't wait to buy it myself!

I have yet to see it. Is it worth the time of picking up and watching? I was uninpressed with the first one for a few reasons so it made me a bit iffy on seeing the 2nd one. Also the fact that it took me so long to see the first one to begin with.

I have yet to see it. Is it worth the time of picking up and watching? I was uninpressed with the first one for a few reasons so it made me a bit iffy on seeing the 2nd one. Also the fact that it took me so long to see the first one to begin with.

I did not like the first one much, but I think I went in not wanting it to be as good as the original cast. There were some leaks about the story line before I went and saw the second one. So I had to change my way of thinking knowing that Wrath of Khan was my all time favorite. So when I went and saw Into Darkness I really did enjoy it.

We could all express our personal opinions saying yes see it or don't bother but in the end it will be your own opinion of it that matters. You cannot form a truly informed opinion until you see it for your self and decide. Soooo... I guess that is a yes, see it.

The new movies are the future of Trek. The old casts aren't coming back. So learn to love it!...lol

The new movies are the future of Trek. The old casts aren't coming back. So learn to love it!...lol

I agree. The casts for all of the series have gotten too old to reprise their roles, so we're going to have to move on with this new movie cast. Personally, I hope they come up with a new television series. Too long between movies to really get that Trek fix!

I think they are doing a very good job of spreading the wealth around amongst the new cast ... everybody has something important to do and everyone is integral to the story. IMO if the original cast movies and the TNG movies had one fault, it was the narrow focus on the top three characters at the expense of the rest of the cast.

I agree. The casts for all of the series have gotten too old to reprise their roles, so we're going to have to move on with this new movie cast. Personally, I hope they come up with a new television series. Too long between movies to really get that Trek fix!

I think they are doing a very good job of spreading the wealth around amongst the new cast ... everybody has something important to do and everyone is integral to the story. IMO if the original cast movies and the TNG movies had one fault, it was the narrow focus on the top three characters at the expense of the rest of the cast.

That is true, but I think that stems from the fact they were TV series first and a lot of the shows particularly TOS featured the main 3. I would be interesting if they could make a series with this cast and story line

Sign in to follow this