Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

The Neverending Story

I've seen the first one, The Neverending Story with my kids..And I surprised that I liked it alot..I never got the chance to see the other 2..Were they as good as the first one?

I've seen all of them. I loved the first one.

The second one is okay (sometimes a bit boring), but the 3rd one isn't really that good, I think. I had the VHS tapes from all of the movies but I sold 2 of them them, I only have the first movie on VHS now. The first one is the best.

The author of the book on which the movies are based, wasn't satisfied with the movies. I think he was right, the movie is not much like the novel, at least the movies 2 and 3 aren't even close to the book.

Mrs. Captain Picard

I have only seen the first 2 ones. Does anyone knows where I can get the 3. one? :lol:

:laugh:

I loved the first NES film.Like,Ms.Picard says,the second film isn't as good,and the third film blows.I hated it (but still bought it earlier this year).Once I start collecting a film series I have to buy every volume.Can't help myself.Even if a particular installment is terrible. :laugh:

The novelizations are also very good (the first one,anyway).

Ever seen Labyrinth with Jennifer Connely and David Bowie?Its great.A cool site for that film is at www.rattlebeak.com

:lol:

Stardate:213833.9

I remeber seeing them when i wa little.All i remeber is the basic concept of the movies.Hmmmm I'll have to watch them again

Yes, I have the first one on DVD, The second one is like a bad t.v. movie. I consider the first one a classic. (for my generation, I was born in 75.) I have started collecting all the movies that i loved when i was a kid. My niece and nephew stay with me for a couple weeks atleast twice a year and we watch all these old movies. They are 9 and 10 and they love all my movies. Some of them that they really loved were:

Goonies: They watched this movies 3x in a row.

Star Wars Tril

Indiana Jones Tril

Back to the Fut Tril

Ferris Buellers Day OFf

The Princess Bride: My niece adores this one.

Better off Dead

The Karate Kid

The Black stallion

Girls Just wanna have Fun

I have a lot more that I cant remember right now.

Anyway they liked the Neverending Story.

Neverending story is a great film the music is fab and the flying dog is way cute (at least i think it was a dog haven't watched it for a while). I also thought The Princess Bride was cool it was quite funny and a great family film. :lol:

Neverending story is a great film the music is fab and the flying dog is way cute (at least i think it was a dog haven't watched it for a while).

It was a luck-dragon with a dogface. ;)

:grin:

I've seen them all.

Still like the original best. Watched it on television just a week or so ago, matter of fact.

I love the first one, it's so awesome. The second one didn't impress me one bit. I didn't even know there was a third one.

I have the book, and that's a really good read, too. When I got the book I was amused, because even though it's the Neverending Story, the author's last name is Ende.

Edited by wishfire

These movies were what I grew up on.

I was never a fan of the first. But the second, I watched it endlessly!!

Never seen the third, and proberbly never will.

I recently got a copy of the first 2 on DVD, but after watching them too many times, I put them on Ebay. Stupid guys who bought them payed me double their RRP!!!!

I've the original German Copy of ("Neverending Story") "Die Unendliche Geschichte"written by Michael Ende at home and I also recall watching the first one at least when I was in elementary school on vhs (the other ones I saw in the theatre years later when I was alot older the first one is still the best ("especially the music")

and am still trying to find the Neverending Story films all 3 of them on DVD?

I have my copy of The Never Ending story part 1. Love the theme. Its by Kajagogo. I know this,don't ask me why

Although i dig Labrynth more.Bowie is HOT