Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Pine: No Trek

Pine0215121.gif

When casting first began for J.J. Abrams‘ rebooted Star Trek franchise, Chris Pine was definitely not interested.

Pine told Esquire UK that at the time, he “wasn’t a fan of Star Trek” and “it didn’t excite me.”

According to Pine, he wanted “a part that I really connected to and when my agent said Star Trek, I said ‘No! Have you not been hearing anything I’ve said? Star Trek is the furthest thing from what I want to do.’”

But Pine was persuaded by his agent, and his thoughts then turned to taking on the iconic Captain Kirk role. “Star Trek scared me a lot,” he said. “It terrified me, really. Because of the scale, the responsibility, the fact that it was this iconic character. It was the bigger challenge. So I had to take it.”

When casting first began for J.J. Abrams’ rebooted Star Trek franchise, Chris Pine was definitely not interested.

Pine told Esquire UK that he “wasn’t a fan of Star Trek” and “it didn’t excite me.”

According to Pine, at that time, he desired “a part that I really connected to and when my agent said Star Trek, I said ‘No! Have you not been hearing anything I’ve said? Star Trek is the furthest thing from what I want to do.”

But Pine was persuaded by his agent, and his thoughts turned to taking on the iconic Captain Kirk role. “Star Trek scared me a lot,” he said. “It terrified me, really. Because of the scale, the responsibility, the fact that it was this iconic character. It was the bigger challenge. So I had to take it.”

View the full article