Sign in to follow this  
Vic

David Returns Home

PeterDavid010413.gif

Star Trek author Peter David has finally returned home after suffering a stroke at the end of last year.

David, who was on vacation when the stroke happened, had been undergoing rehab in Jacksonville, Florida.

The stroke affected David’s right side, and caused double vision. David and his wife have been updating friends, family and fans through the ordeal.

Due to return home to Long Island later this week, David’s progress was so good that he was released early from the Jacksonville rehab facility, and in spite of the flight cancellations due to the recent New England Nor’easter, made it back home.

“God knows it wasn’t easy,” said David. “We had to deal with a plethora of canceled flights due to the storm. Fortunately enough we had the luck and resources to make it home yesterday afternoon a mere one hour behind our scheduled flight.

“It is truly remarkable to be back home again. I will never forget the people like Ali and Sarah who helped rebuild my body in Florida so that I can at least walk somewhat. Now it’s up to me to continue that work over the next months in order to fully recapture what my body could do before.”

TrekToday wishes the David family all the best. For those wishing to help the family financially by purchasing David’s books, details on how to do so can be found here.

View the full article