Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Braga: Crossover That Never Happened

BragaEnterprise091312.gif

If Brannon Braga had had his way, an iconic Star Trek character would have made a guest star appearance in Star Trek: Enterprise.

Crossovers were nothing new for Star Trek or for Braga, who controversially put Commander Riker and Counselor Troi in the finale to Star Trek: Enterprise.

The Enterprise guest appearance that Braga hoped to have happen but didn’t was that of William Shatner as Captain Kirk. “The only crossover that was exciting was there was a brief time when we were going to put Captain Kirk on Enterprise,” said Braga, “and we even met with William Shatner, but it just never happened.

“We had some story concocted about why Kirk was there and how he got there. I don’t remember. I think Shatner had a pitch. It was actually going to be a pretty cool two-part episode. I don’t know exactly what happened. It might have been that we couldn’t make a deal with Shatner or something like that.”

Braga is currently working on the Star Trek: The Next Generation comic mini-series from IDW Publishing, as well as Malice, a new FX series, and a reboot of Carl Sagan‘s Cosmos for Fox.

View the full article