Sign in to follow this  
subcommanderbeavis

TOS-era Defiant-class starship

cool....there was a Defiant b4 the Defiant...in the TOS era, it was a Constitution though..

Click for Spoiler:

am i right Jack Bauer? :lol: Edited by trekzone

Interesting.

I think I may have seen this drawing before.Can you imagine James Kirk sitting in command of this Defiant?The Klingons would've been in serious trouble. :lol:

Yes Trekzone, there was a constitution class U.S.S. Defiant in "the Tholian Web", it disappeared into some other dimension interspace I believe. What is cool is that the original plan for "Future Tense" was that the Defiant had been brought back through time by the Tholians instead of that other 31st century ship. I think that would have been cooler.

I would have loved to see the drednought class ship from the book drednought. I know that the books are not cannon but the ship was powerfull and they had a pic of it on the cover of the book I would have loved to see kirk in comand of the uss star empire.

I would have loved to see the drednought class ship from the book drednought.  I know that the books are not cannon but the ship was powerfull and they had a pic of it on the cover of the book I would have loved to see kirk in comand of the uss star empire.

Here are three views of a TOS Dreadnought.

Click for Spoiler:

dreadnought_ortho.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

dreadnought06.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

dreadnought.jpg Edited by subcommanderbeavis

Yeah that antique style Defiant looks cool. I love the Dreadnought class. It made since that Star Fleet would build a class of ships purely for combat even in the 2260's. The Klingons were building them I'm sure. I think in a few novels they even had fighter craft and a few sqads of Marines.