Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Bakula And Sirtis: Captains And Trek’s Impact

BakulaSirtis072712.jpg

Scott Bakula and Marina Sirtis were at the Saturn Awards yesterday, and the two spoke about Star Trek.

The topics included meeting with all five of the Star Trek captains, and the impact that Star Trek has had on society.

Meeting the other captains, was “very cool,” for Bakula. “I hadn’t met Kate [Mulgrew] except to wave and say hi and chat a little bit,” he said. “I’ve gotten to know Bill [Shatner] and Patrick [Stewart] over the years, but it was a blast. It was surreal.”

Sirtis spoke about Star Trek‘s impact on society. “It’s like the franchise that will not die,” she said “We’ve tried to kill it on various occasions. One of the movies I’m thinking of, particularly. But it just goes on and on. I just think, when you hit on a winning formula, that’s what it is. I have people telling me that they became a psychologist or a counselor because of me. I’m just an actress! I show up with my lines learned. I show up and hit my mark and try not to bump into the furniture. It’s an honor.”

Both actors would love to be involved in the new Star Trek film franchise. “Of course,” said Bakula. “I love the new film! Are you kidding? They just have to ask. They have my number. I fax it regularly over to his [J.J. Abrams'] office. Is that wrong? Is that pandering? In uniform. Maybe that’s too much.”

“I love the new films,” said Sirtis. “I thought the kids were fantastic! … Would I like to be in the new films? Yes! That would be fabulous!”

View the full article

Thanks for this too! I always find Marina's attitude toward her participation in the franchise hilarious. :D