Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Cho Joins Comedy

ChoGoOn061512.jpg

Star Trek XI‘s John Cho has signed on to join the cast of a new NBC comedy.

Cho has joined the comedy, Go On, as a regular cast member.

Go On stars Matthew Perry as “charming and cocky radio sportscaster Ryan King, who is getting over the death of his wife with the help of the members of his support group.”

Cho was seen in the pilot of Go On as King’s boss, who refused to put the sportscaster back on the air until he sought grief counseling. The boss will now be a permanent character on the show.

View the full article

It starts Matthew Perry which means its doomed to failure...lol. How many cancelled TV shows has Perry starred in since "Friends"?

It starts Matthew Perry which means its doomed to failure...lol. How many cancelled TV shows has Perry starred in since "Friends"?

Two. Studio 6o on the Sunset Strip (which deserved a far better fate) and Mr. Sunshine (which wasn't great but not awful).

I have to imagine this will meet a similar fate not because of Perry, but because it's on NBC and the premise seems somewhat limited (it would probably make a better movie).

Two. Studio 6o on the Sunset Strip (which deserved a far better fate) and Mr. Sunshine (which wasn't great but not awful).

I have to imagine this will meet a similar fate not because of Perry, but because it's on NBC and the premise seems somewhat limited (it would probably make a better movie).

I think thats a bad track record for a guy that was a star of a very popular comedy show. NBC has a habit of not caring about the quality of their shows, hence the ridiculous premises that are the norm at that network. This show will in all likelihood follow suit.