1. 1. Fave Halloween Monster

• Dracula
    • Frankenstien
    • Zombies
    • Mummys
    • Ghosts
    • Gremlins (or any other tiny monster)
    • Other

As a youngster I always wanted to be a skeleton.I dressed as Mr.Bones every single year from the age of 5 or 6,until my last Halloween at 13.My momma made my costumes.For one thing,she was excellent at making clothes and costumes,and for another we were so poor most of the time,I doubt we could have afforded a store-bought Halloween costume.What was so great is,my costume was usually better looking than my friends',Ha! :lol:

Dracula has always been portrayed as being so sexy and I guess when you have to bite someone on the neck it helps to seduce them lol

I read the book Dracula by Bram Stoker and to be honest I found it to be a little dull. The Dracula movie that starred Gary Oldman put me to sleep as well (maybe because it was so true to the book :lol: ). Thankfully there a quite a few other interpretations of Dracula for it to be so popular. One of the strangest/worst I ever saw was Andy Warhol's Dracula. Not only did his Dracula need blood but it had to be the blood of a virgin. Of course the hero had sex with all of the women he thought were virgins in an attempt to "save" them.

There are many other excellent vampire stories. I've read a few Anne Rice books that were quite good.

Dracula of course, I've always had a special feeling for vampires :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I voted other. My favorite Halloween monster is......Michael Jackson.

I voted other.  My favorite Halloween monster is......Michael Jackson.

Stardate:213825.9

LOL :lol: Good one.

My favorite is Dracula!!!!!!!!

Werewolves.

Because,in a way,they're real.What I mean is,there is the potential within each and every one of us to be a ravening,predatory monster behind our outwardly "normal" exterior. :lol:

Take the case of executed serial murderer Ted Bundy.By all accounts,he was a well-educated,smooth talking,charming gentleman,who was the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.And who,in fact,was very loving to his mother and former girlfriends,and wife....but underneath all that,there was a sociopathic monster.

Werewolves.

Because,in a way,they're real.What I mean is,there is the potential within each and every one of us to be a ravening,predatory monster behind our outwardly "normal" exterior. :lol:

Take the case of executed serial murderer Ted Bundy.By all accounts,he was a well-educated,smooth talking,charming gentleman,who was the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.And who,in fact,was very loving to his mother and former girlfriends,and wife....but underneath all that,there was a sociopathic monster.

You make some very interesting points in your comparison although I see it more as a Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde situation. I believe John Wayne Gacy was also highly thought of in his community as both a business man and for charitable work. That is the scariest part about serial predators of any type - they appear to be outwardly normal so people don't suspect them when horrendous crimes occur. For some reason, we still want to believe that an evil person looks like the boogeyman or something but they don't which makes them all the more dangerous.

Ghosts.

I've always been afraid of ghosts.All somebody has to do is suggest a place is haunted,and it bugs me out,man.I don't even have to see ghosts.Just hear things,and I'm ready to break on up out of there.

Also,scary movies about ghosts like The Haunting,13 Ghosts,and Poltergeist all terrified me when I first watched them.

I would have to say the aliens from the aliens movies the first time I saw aliens I had nightmares that night but now every time I watch it, it gets funnyer and funnyer. :laugh:

Zombies.

I LOVE zombie films.Even the really bad ones with terrible special effects and weak storylines.

:grin: Go Zombies!!!!

Like in 28 Days? ;)

Dracula is my most favorite monster of all times and maybe ghosts

Well, when it comes to scary monsters in general - I'd vote for the pods in the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers - now that was a seriously scary movie.

The Blob was pretty scary too