Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Fox Cancels Terra Nova

BragaTerraNova030612.gif

After only a single season, Terra Nova, executive produced by Star Trek‘s Brannon Braga, has been dropped by Fox.

In Terra Nova, humans from a futuristic world traveled back to prehistorical times to escape a polluted and overcrowded Earth.

Twentieth Century Fox hasn’t yet given up on Terra Nova, and plan to shop the series to other networks.

Plans had been made for a second season, according to Braga and fellow Executive Producer Rene Echevarria. “We promised ourselves and the audience that we’d tell a complete story this [first] season, and we do tell a complete story,” said Braga. “Having said that, there new are some new startling mysteries and aspects are uncovered about Terra Nova.”

“We don’t have it all mapped out but we have pitched a take on Season 2 to the network and that’s part of the decision making process for them,” said Echevarria in an earlier interview prior to the season finale. “It’s a creative conversation with them; it was an opening conversation, it went well, but they have some thoughts of their own and we’re eager to get in there and work it out and come up with a great Season 2.”

The show was a victim of low ratings and high costs. “It’s an expensive show for a first-year show,” said Braga. The season finale reached a series low, with a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49 and an audience of 7.2 million.

View the full article

I Had watched and taped on my PVR Terra Nova on CITYTV the complete First Year but after the 2 hour Finale was complete I'd say "Alcatraz"took the timeslot of Terra Nova.

I watched a few times & liked it. The scheduled time wasn't convenient for me. I'm sure it was expensive to produce. Maybe someone else will pick it up. There are certainly many other programs that aren't as interesting still on TV.....