Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Trek Shooting Begins Today

Star Trek 2 has begun filming today, and several facts about the production have emerged.

STX0524111.gifAccording to TrekMovie.com, the movie is being shot on Sony Studios stages in Culver City as well as at the Hollywood Paramount lot.

One place the filming will not be happening is Hawaii. Although J.J. Abrams went to Hawaii to check it out as a possible place to film a “jungle planet” scene, a location in Southern California was ultimately chosen for those scenes.

Star Trek 2 will use more sets, including sections of the USS Enterprise not seen in 2009′s Star Trek XI, than were used in the first film.

View the full article

It's nice to hear that shooring has begun, although wouldn't it be phasering... :P

I am glad to hear they are going to use more sets. That's a good sign in my opinion. I wonder if they will ever use the Vasquez Rocks as a setting, as a shout out to the original TV series?

It's nice to hear that shooring has begun, although wouldn't it be phasering... :P

I am glad to hear they are going to use more sets. That's a good sign in my opinion. I wonder if they will ever use the Vasquez Rocks as a setting, as a shout out to the original TV series?

They already did. Most of the shots of Vulcan in Star Trek (2009) were shot at Vasquez Rocks.