Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Phillips To Co-star In Syfy Movie

Fans of Star Trek: Voyager‘s Ethan Phillips will be able to see the actor in a new original Syfy movie next year.

Phillips will be appearing in Arachnoquake, joining Tracey Gold (Growing Pains), Bug Hall (The Little Rascals) and Edward Furlong (Terminator 2: Judgment Day).

EthanPhillips122811.gifIn Arachnoquake, “massive earthquakes unleash giant albino spiders. Freed from their ancient subterranean prison, the spiders go on a murderous rampage through New Orleans.”

Phillips will be playing a character by the name of Roy.

Arachnoquake is currently in production in Louisiana, and IMDB gives an air date of June 2012.

View the full article

I have never understood why SciFi (hate their new and trendy name) Channel doesn't show a whole lot more classic science fiction movies and old sci fi TV shows, instead of making some of the outrageous, and often bad, original movies. It's good for actors, I guess, but painful to watch at times.

^ Normally, I would agree, but this film does sound interesting and besides it also stars Edward Furlong who is probably most famous for playing a young John Connor in Terminator 2. I am looking forward to seeing his performance in this film. I also think a lot of Syfy's more recent efforts have been very good and entertaining. There are also a lot of older sci-fi shows being aired. There was a Twilight Zone marathon on all day New Year's eve and just a few days ago some of the original V episodes were being aired. I think that Syfy is doing their best to show both older and newer sci-fi.

Which older films and shows would you like them to show?

Any sort of classic films, such as War of the Worlds, Star Wars, Star Trek, Dune, etc, on a regular basis not just once in a while during holidays. I would have watched the Twilight Zone marathon but where we are I can't get sci-fi channel. As far as old TV - all kinds of stuff, Dr. Who, Star Trek, Space 1999, old Battlestar, new Battlestar, Sta4rgate SG1, etc. Sorry maybe their new stuff is better, but much of their older original programing was pretty bad, and I stopped watching Sci Fi as regularly as I used to when Stargate SG1 and Atlantis was on.