Sign in to follow this  
Lynx

The Kes Website has to move-but where?

The Kes Website is in trouble and might be on the move again.

Not because I want it but because of an unreliable webhost which is causing me a lot of trouble.

The Kes Website is one of he oldest Kes and Voyager website on the net. It was launched back in 1999 on Geocities and everything worked fine until those greedy bastards at Yahoo decided to ditch Geocities. So I had to move the site.

After a lengthy search and with the advice from some nice people I did find 110mb.com in May 2009 and moved the site there. Everything has been going fine until now.

It has been impossible to edit the website since the beginning of November. I simply can't log in! All attempts to get in touch with those in charge of 110mb has failed. The recent week it has been impossible to access the main website for 110mb and there are a lot of negative comments about them on the net, saying that they are probably finished.

So I have to move the site. But to where?

To be honest, I'm not that fond of the idea to pay money for a web host. This is a hobby project which I have kept up for many years. I don't earn any money n the website so why should anyone earn money on my work and interests.

So I'm looking for a place where I can put up my website. The problem is that most of the free web hosts seem to be sub-standard to say the least. Some of them are probably appropriate for those who want to create a four-page site about their pet rabbit (or dog, cat, horse, elephant or who knows what). But I want a little more than that and most of all, I want to move my website to a place where things are functioning and where it's possible to get in touch with those in charge if something should be wrong.

So if anyone who is reading this can give me some good advices, I would be more than happy. I don't want to ditch the website. It has been going for a while and it would be nice to keep it.

But there is also another problem. If I manage to find a decent place to where I can move the website, I still can't delete it from 110mb.com since I can't log in to my account or even access their website. Which means that people will continue to visit the 110mb.com site, notice that there are no updates, get bored and forget it. So what can I do about that? Spam every Star Trek forum with weekly reminders about the new site?

Or just pray and hope that 110mb just call it a day and wipe out everything?

This whole thing is giving me a headache! :(

^^

WHAT????????? :o

After all those years of rantings and marketing and there are people who haven't heard about it!

Now I feel like a complete failure. :tear:

I guess I have to mention it more in my upcoming posts.

Anyway, The site will be moved in the near future, probably before New Years Eve. I'll be back with the new address.

^^

WHAT????????? :o

After all those years of rantings and marketing and there are people who haven't heard about it!

Now I feel like a complete failure. :tear:

I guess I have to mention it more in my upcoming posts.

Anyway, The site will be moved in the near future, probably before New Years Eve. I'll be back with the new address.

Keep us posted. Thanks

Just want to inform you that the Kes Website has moved. :clap:

The new address is: http://lynx677.byethost12.com/

The old site is still available at the same location as before, due to the fact that it's impossible to log in at 110mb. I hope that this problem can be solved in the near future.

It looks quite nice. :yahoo:

Maybe you just need a few more Lynx links....

Sorry I couldn't resist... :)

It looks quite nice. :yahoo:

Maybe you just need a few more Lynx links....

Sorry I couldn't resist... :)

:roflmao:

That was a very funny comment!